News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

2006 Game Chef Event Announced!

Started by Andy Kitkowski, February 19, 2006, 12:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Kitkowski

Tell your friends, post on your blogs, get the word out!

We're pushing ahead in 2006 with the next Game Chef contest!

The dates have been set: March 11th-19th. The new information, including new rules for 2006, are posted on the Game-Chef site:

http://www.game-chef.com/

Here's the main points of difference:

After looking through the feedback again, and once more, we're focusing on the Gmae-Chef experience of peer review and feedback, rather than getting all tied up in a contest to see who the winner is. To that end, we're going with:

* Peer Voting.  Everyone who participates must participate in the process of reviewing and scoring their peers (each participant will be "assigned" approx 3-4 entries to officially review and score). If they cannot review their peers, and post their reviews within two weeks of receiving their review assignments, their submissions cannot "win".

* Note: Previous Game Chef participants can also choose to do peer voting if they want to (even if they don't actually participate in making a game this time).

* Two levels of voting: After the first round, there will be a second round where the "Top Eight" will be voted upon.

* Total timeframe from the end of the contest to announcing the winner: No More than 5 Weeks. And there are failsafes in place this year to make sure that we don't drag on for extra weeks/months.

* While voting is happening, to tide people over while waiting for results, we'll be focusing on reviewing the games, offering feedback adn participating in "Game Destroyer" threads at the 1km1kt.net boards. We loved Tobias' Game Destroyer thread, and we want to make it a tradition that everyone can get involved in.

And... er... that's about it!  I think this will all work without creating too much extra workload, all while working in a framework that wraps up the event in an acceptable amount of time.

Thanks everyong!
-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Andy Kitkowski

The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

joepub

I'm practically crying because I'm out of the country at the time,
doing Tsunami relief work.

I mean... that's a good cause and all...

But I miss Game Chef! *tears up*

*starts balling his eyes out*

Ron Edwards

Two useful Game Chef links, in addition to the homepage:

1KM1KT mirror site, with the games!
1KM1KT forum

Best, Ron