News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

GM Assessment in Conflict Scenes

Started by Paul Strack, February 15, 2006, 01:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Strack

More questions as I try to puzzle through the game.

On p. 74 it says that a GM gets once opportunity to assess and increase/decrease suffering per "round" of panels. Is that one assessment total, or one assessment per villain in the fight?

I can see pros and cons to both approaches. My inclination is one per villain, but no more than the number of players still in the fight. I am not sure it matters much, because the GM has so many cards that villain assessment is likely to be rare until the end game.

Michael S. Miller

Quote from: Paul Strack on February 15, 2006, 01:26:02 AM
More questions as I try to puzzle through the game.

On p. 74 it says that a GM gets once opportunity to assess and increase/decrease suffering per "round" of panels. Is that one assessment total, or one assessment per villain in the fight?

I can see pros and cons to both approaches. My inclination is one per villain, but no more than the number of players still in the fight. I am not sure it matters much, because the GM has so many cards that villain assessment is likely to be rare until the end game.

I always play it as just one Assessment. Since all the villians use the same hand, it's essentially a limit to one Assessment per hand per "round" of panels (whether that's a GM hand or a player hand).
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

Paul Strack

Quote from: Michael S. Miller on February 15, 2006, 10:02:56 AM
I always play it as just one Assessment. Since all the villians use the same hand, it's essentially a limit to one Assessment per hand per "round" of panels (whether that's a GM hand or a player hand).

Thanks for the clarification. That seems fair; the GM will probably have enough cards anyway. It is also what the rules imply, though it might help to put in a clarification on p. 74. Something like "If the GM is using multiple villains in a single battle, only one may assess on the GM's panel."