News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Polaris] New Protagonist Sheet Design

Started by Frank T, February 20, 2006, 11:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank T

This is what happens when you play with an illustrator and forget to bring copies of the protagonist sheet. I should do that more often. Thanks Kathy!

http://www.wyvernslair.de/handouts/polaris_charsheet.pdf

coffeestain

Wow, that is just gorgeous.  Really.

I'm replacing all of my sheets RIGHT NOW.

Regards,
Daniel

Christoph Boeckle

Regards,
Christoph

Rob Donoghue

Rob Donoghue
<B>Fate</B> -
www.faterpg.com

coffeestain

The only (very minor) gripe I have about this sheet is that it doesn't seem to have a place to mark themes that have been exhausted and whether it was by the Heart or Mistaken.  If I come up with a good solution, I'll leave a note here.

Otherwise, I really wish more character sheets could be this stunning and evocative of the game.  In the rare instances that I'm able to play, I hate looking at ugly character sheets.

Regards,
Daniel

Ben Lehman

In practice, did you have difficulty writing in the Cosmos?  Where did you write?

yrs--
--Ben

Frank T

Well, I didn't use it at the time because Kathy drew it only in the course of play. But I believe she wrote all over it. Or did she? Maybe the lines in the Cosmos should be grey, not black.

- Frank

cdr

That sheet is gorgeous!  But I'd agree about making the cosmos background light grey to make ite easier to write over.  And maybe make the moon on the right hand side full, and the one on the left hand side new, as a mnemonic aid for which is which.

I'm going to take it along to the next game so people can ooh and ah over it, and take copies along to the Polaris session at Game Day in Oakland (April 1, Endgame, 3pm).

It also led to a bit of setting inspiration, that maybe everything the People create is curved, like drifts of snow, and the Mistaken are all jaggy sharp things.  That would make the sharp edges of the Knight's star swords something special.  I'll see if I can work that into the next game and see how it goes.

Thanks to Kathy for drawing such a beautiful thing, and to Frank for sharing it!

--Carl

coffeestain

Hello,

I hope we're not stepping on anyone's toes, but my girlfriend Sarah made a couple of changes to this sheet that might make it more functional:

1 - The Cosmos area has been lightened so it can be written in more effectively.
2 - The icons to the right and left of the Cosmos have been changed to a Full Moon and New Moon to represent the contents more clearly.
3 - Check boxes have been added next to the Themes to indicate whether or not they've been exhausted and whether it was the Heart or Mistaken who did so.

You can get a copy here.

Regards,
Daniel