News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

BB code for ordered list?

Started by David "Czar Fnord" Artman, February 20, 2006, 04:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David "Czar Fnord" Artman

Anyone know the BB code for an ordered list (i.e. 1, 2, 3; not *, *, *)? I have tried to search the FAQs and the site Help, to no avail. I can see several ways to make unordered lists (*, *, *), but not ordered.

Has it been disabled?
Thanks;
David
If you liked this post, you'll love... GLASS: Generic Live Action Simulation System - System Test Document v1.1(beta)

Clyde L. Rhoer

Hi David,

This isn't a PHPBB board it's a Simple Machines forum. It requires a little more work to make unordered lists. Supposedly you can make ordered lists but I couldn't get it to work. Here's the page I was geting the information from:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=71814.msg488334
Theory from the Closet , A Netcast/Podcast about RPG theory and design.
clyde.ws, Clyde's personal blog.

David "Czar Fnord" Artman

Thanks.

(FYI, I know this forum does not run phpBB; that's why I didn't call it that. "BB" just means bulletin board, in the context of markup code (i.e. "BB code"). Also FYI, your phrase "PHPBB board" is redundant, as the second "B" is "board": In essence, you said "Personal Home Page: Hypertext Preprocessor Bulletin Board board". As long as we're in a correcting each other sort of mood....)

ANYWAY... Here's a test:

• A one and a
  • two!

Thus, the type=decimal attribute doesn't work on the list tag... and, in fact, breaks the tag! This is odd, given that most mark-up languages are designed with the presumption that inapplicable attributes are merely ignored, not killers of the whole tag! (I guess this "Simple Machine" is quite appropriately named--it doesn't support a basic tag that's been in SGML and its roots for, what, more than a decade?.)

Is there some other attribute (maybe from a plug-in) that does ordered lists? (Moderators?)

Still wondering;
David
If you liked this post, you'll love... GLASS: Generic Live Action Simulation System - System Test Document v1.1(beta)

Ron Edwards

Hi there,

These are all Clinton-questions. All I can do is say, "Nice weather we're having," or stuff like that.

Clinton's in the middle of some stuff, I think, so I'm sure he'll come along to provide instructions, clarifications, and so on, when he gets a chance.

Best,
Ron