News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Maps of London

Started by Troy_Costisick, February 27, 2006, 09:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy_Costisick

Heya,

Does anyone know where I could find a map of London in the mid 1800's online?  Especially one that's copyright free? :)

Peace,

-Troy

Iskander

There's some stuff up at Dickens' London page and lots on this page of maps. FWIW when googling, UK historians and archivists are most likely to refer to maps from the 1800s as '19th century', or '19C'.
Winning gives birth to hostility.
Losing, one lies down in pain.
The calmed lie down with ease,
having set winning & losing aside.

- Samyutta Nikaya III, 14

contracycle

Impeach the bomber boys:
www.impeachblair.org
www.impeachbush.org

"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."
- Leonardo da Vinci

Josh Roby

victorianweb.org and victorianresearch.org are both good sites.

Whatcha using them for, Troy?
On Sale: Full Light, Full Steam and Sons of Liberty | Developing: Agora | My Blog

Troy_Costisick

Heya,

QuoteWhatcha using them for, Troy?

Seeeeecret for now ;)  But thanks guys, this will help out a bunch.  'Preciate it!

Peace,

-Troy

Jason Morningstar

Hey Troy,

The Bolles collection atlas at the Perseus Project is awesome:

http://nils.lib.tufts.edu/cgi-bin/city-view.pl

Also some nice feature maps at PCL:

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/historical/history_europe.html#L

Thor

Yes, The Thor from Toledo

micah

Hey- I may not be able to help much with the maps of london (at least further than the sites already given which I am familiar with already) however, I am a big fan of the 1800's and 1700's and may be able to assist you in your project. That is a truly fascinating time for history, and besides which, the dress sense was pretty cool too!! :) email me if you like at micahsicotte@yahoo.ca and we can discuss further.

best
micah