News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Supernatural Dial

Started by jburneko, February 21, 2006, 09:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance D. Allen

Likewise, demons are crafty creatures. Supernatural effects can surround those who aren't possessed, aren't doing the demon's will or in any way associated with them, just so the demons can generate jealousy or confusion.

I mean, why is Br. Elijah's crop the only one not blighted by locusts? It must be because he's a sorcerer! (Hint: He's not. He's actually the only one in town who's not succumbing to sinful influence X, so the demons want to raise resentment toward him and run him out of town, or better yet, get him killed.)
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

lumpley

Re Mormon Hogwarts: my recommendation would be to have all non-demonic supernatural stuff be associated with ceremony, as described in the book. Of course the steward can exorcise demons, heal the sick, bless the crops, close wounds, see the future, etc. Some steward he'd be if he couldn't! That's all stuff that any good Faithful man can do.

-Vincent

ironick

In our game the dial setting was usually determined by the opposition we faced.  If we were having a shoot-out with a mob, it was pretty coincidental stuff, like having the setting sun shine behind you to interfere with their aiming.  Conversely, when one of our group went to the Dark Side and invoked a demon all of a sudden we were all using our coats to deflect bullets and calling upon the King of Life to keep our pistols tossin' lead.  Actually, one of our players made a Flash cartoon and you can see some of our supernatural dialings here: http://www.browserbeware.com/images/dogs-IE.html

Shameless plug, I know--but it's too damn cool to let it go away.

Nick