News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Where can I post my game-in-progress?

Started by Sir Privy Toastrack, May 10, 2006, 09:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Privy Toastrack

Is there a shared website for folks to upload games-in-progress for feedback?
Better the lapdog to a slip of a girl than a ... git.

flammifer

I don't know of any, but dumping it on a wiki may be a way of doing it :)

having a bunch of interconnected game-being-designed wikis would be neat!

Thunder_God

There is always 1,000 monkeys, 1,000 typesetters, though that's more for "Free" content and slightly more finished?

You can always use Geocities or another free web-page provider.
Guy Shalev.

Cranium Rats Central, looking for playtesters for my various games.
CSI Games, my RPG Blog and Project. Last Updated on: January 29th 2010

Daemonworks

One varient concept you could do, is dump the "energy per turn" idea entirely, and just use a pure fuel system. You have X units of fuel. Every action consumes a given amount of it.

If you run out, you're hooped. Tactics and efficiency become the order of the day. You need to secure victory as fast, and effeciantly, as possible. Slip up, and you may have to run off to refuel (and probably repair), having gained nothing except maybe some notoriety and the mockery of your peers. Or, of course, you could take a gamble, and fight on, hoping the other ship will have enough fuel left over that you can loot to get you back to whatever port you call home.

As fuel would presumably take up space, you also have to do a little bit of a juggling act between fuel and cargo space. If you have to buy fuel, you need to be certain that you have enough space so that your loot will at least cover the fuel and repair costs.

Daemonworks

Ok, apparently I somehow posted the previous message to entirely the wrong thread. I have aboslutely no idea HOW I did that, but it seems to be the case. At a guess, sleep dep may have been a factor. Please ignore.