News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Ronnies Still Ongoing?

Started by Roger, March 03, 2006, 12:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

Is another round of Ronnies planned to start any time soon?  Just wondering.

Cheers,
Roger

Josh Roby

Game Chef's coming up, which is, you know, similar.
On Sale: Full Light, Full Steam and Sons of Liberty | Developing: Agora | My Blog

Ron Edwards

That's funny, I thought I replied to this. Oh well.

Answer: I'm wracked with guilt by not having played more than a few of the winners so far. I'd rather catch up with that and fulfill my promises about the award, before adding more.

The good news is that I love doing the Ronnies and am eager to do some more rounds, so when real play catches up with speedy typing-fingers, I'll be doing some.

Best,
Ron

Ron Edwards

Follow-up: I'll do two more Ronnies rounds, based on my original sets of four terms. That is, two of the sets I came up with remain, at this point.

The next round will be run after the current Game Chef contest is over, maybe with a little rest period right after.

Best,
Ron

Andy Kitkowski

I'm all for a rest period, as I'd like to throw down some Ronnies as well if I can free some time up.

Just a breakdown of how things will go:
Now until April 9th (last day of Midwest Conf): Reviews.
April 10-12: I compile scores and find the Top 8 (or Top 10, etc if there are lots of ties).
April 13-27: Open time for folks to review the Top 8 entries if they hadn't seen them already.
April 28-May 3rd or so: Final voting.
May 4th-5th: The Final Results, Winners Announced, Feedbacker Winners Announced, drunken celebration in the streets.
June 5th: Final deadline for the top 8 to polish up their games for the Technomancer Press Game Chef 2006 Publication.

So, if I were sticking the Ronnies somewhere in there, I'd either go for the beginning of May, or else after April 15th or so (but there still may be folks tired from having just done it, etc).

Good luck!
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.