News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Structured Game Design (Warning: Long Post)

Started by Roy, April 16, 2002, 12:34:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Hello,

Scuse me folks - this thread isn't a discussion venue.

Best,
Ron

Tomas HVM

Quote from: Roy on April 18, 2002, 09:02:21 PM
Once I've got my list of assumptions and questions, I'll go through and make a list of what I consider to be the important elements of the game.  This is the first stage where I start making decisions about my design.
Roy, this is great thinking. I believe most successful game designers do this one way or another, but they (we) are more often than not unconscious about the "system" they are working by. You put words to it, and that is very useful. I've designed games for almost two decades, and still had some real eyeopeners reading your posts here. Thank you!
Tomas HVM
writer, storyteller, games designer
www.fabula.no

Ron Edwards

Sigh.

This thread is not open for discussion.

jc_madden

Quote from: Roy
Ron thought it would be interesting to develop the idea further, so I'm starting a new thread dedicated to exploring this idea.  I would love for everyone to jump in and help us flesh this idea out.

Quote from: RoyTo the rest of you:  Is this thread helpful?  Do you agree with the advice here or disagree with it?

No rudeness intended; how is do this statement and questions fail to open this topic for discussion?  It seems like discussion has been initiated and approved by the original poster. If this is not the case, what about this topic should indicate that it is in fact not open for discussion so that I may avoid making the mistake of responding to something that is rhetorical? 

jc_madden

**how is do this statement....

Cannot edit orginal post.

Ron Edwards

I will explain. When I say "do not post any more," then no one posts to the thread again. How you interpret the first post, what you quote from it, how you see it, and what you feel about it are of no importance at all. Don't post.

If you have a question about why not, then you send me a private message and ask.

Best,
Ron