News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

game bling

Started by Emily Care, February 21, 2006, 11:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua A.C. Newman

Let me check my sales figures...

Ah! An update! As of this moment, I've made zero sales!

Part of the issue is Café Press, I think. The black T-shirt has a miniscule margin, or you charge too much. I'd love to figure out another way to do it. If I could sell shirts for $16, that would be great.

The other shirts are weird and obscure, but have to do with a longstanding, weird, and obscure project of mine. When that project sees light, maybe I'll sell some.

The margins on the promotional shirts ("I Played Under the Bed with Your Mom" and the Xenoglyph shirt, not "Know Your Copyrights" or the Tao shirts) is zero and I consider them advertising. I can't charge enough for them to make me more money than they're worth as advertising.
the glyphpress's games are Shock: Social Science Fiction and Under the Bed.

I design books like Dogs in the Vineyard and The Mountain Witch.

David "Czar Fnord" Artman

One additional point, having rediscovered this thread while browsing:

Most cities have a local shop (or shops) which can print onto nearly anything you can imagine. Plastic, glass, cloth--you name it. Want a Frisbee or coasters or poker chips with your game logo or slogan? Simple. Glasses, mugs, steins: everything is available, from screen-printing to etched to molded. Golf balls, sunglasses, tie clasps, kites--hmm, maybe not kites, but it's worth asking!

With the common availability of all manner of cheap crap made in Asia, and modern jet printing techniques, one can make just about anything into promotional material.

Have more fun!
David
If you liked this post, you'll love... GLASS: Generic Live Action Simulation System - System Test Document v1.1(beta)