News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

GenCon '06

Started by TonyLB, March 14, 2006, 10:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyLB

Long way away, right?  Not so much.

Michael and Kat Miller are already working to get indie games scheduled together at Indy GenCon.  I think that's a really good cause.

But, see, here's the thing:  I've got guilt.  Because I am not as free as most folks attending GenCon.  I work the Forge Booth (as do many of the other publishers) and that means that every minute the exhibit hall is open is a minute I cannot schedule, run or play in games.  That means that my after-hours time is very precious to me, and much as I love running full-length Capes sessions at conventions, I do believe I love hanging with Forge-folk at dinner, and playing wierd games that don't even have names yet, and just generally shooting the shit more.

So, long story short, the only Capes I'll be running at GenCon is at the booth, in 10-15 minute increments, as often as I can snag two passing bodies and a table.  Hence the guilt.

And so ... if any of you were thinking "Oh, y'know what would be cool?  Running Capes at GenCon," then I heartily support you and recommend strongly that you scurry over to the link listed above.  And if you weren't thinking that would be cool ... what's wrong with you?  It'd totally be cool!
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Zamiel

Nah, running at GenCon is not cool. Running at Dragon*Con, now that'd be totally cool ...
Blogger, game analyst, autonomous agent architecture engineer.
Capes: This Present Darkness, Dragonstaff

Andrew Cooper

I volunteered.  I will run Capes at GenCon. :-)

Hans

Me too!  Don't make me fight you for players!  I think I can take you two falls out of three.

Ah, who am I kidding, people will be lining up out the doors for Capes, Andrew.  You and I will both be organizing two or three tables at once, and be so stressed out afterwards we will seriously need liquour.

:)
* Want to know what your fair share of paying to feed the hungry is? http://www3.sympatico.ca/hans_messersmith/World_Hunger_Fair_Share_Number.htm
* Want to know what games I like? http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/skalchemist

Andrew Cooper

Oooooo...

liquor.  Capes and liquor.  Sounds fun.

TonyLB

Oh, and by the way ... I do have spots still available in my room, which is at the Embassy Suites (the hotel with open gaming in their lobby all day and all night, where in past years huge chunks of the Forge booth have congregated to play, playtest and invent games).

And yeah, I'm hoping that it won't come down to me paying the lions share of that room.  Seems to me it shouldn't be hard to fill up a room at GenCon, but I've been mistaken on such things before.  If somebody wants in, PM me and I will breathe a great sigh of relief.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum