News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[City of Brass] No cannibalism yet

Started by jrs, March 27, 2006, 04:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrs

Nice.  I like. 

The Leader of course wouldn't deny his followers food.  Wine on the other hand ... I'm certain the Leader has the party's best interests at heart.

Julie

Ron Edwards

Ooh! Important!

Although I understand the textual distinction between Game Chef entry and GenCon booklet, I'm still not sure the intended play-rule ... when a given obstacle is confronted, should we be using the listed abilities as the only abilities that are eligible to overcome the obstacle?

I really hope the answer is "yes." We've been playing by the written rules of the GenCon booklet, but having now played as non-Leader, Companion, and Leader, I hope that the earlier textual version is the intended way to play, for this particular rule.

Clinton, what's the word on that?

Best, Ron

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Ron Edwards on March 28, 2006, 10:41:59 AM
Ooh! Important!

Although I understand the textual distinction between Game Chef entry and GenCon booklet, I'm still not sure the intended play-rule ... when a given obstacle is confronted, should we be using the listed abilities as the only abilities that are eligible to overcome the obstacle?

I really hope the answer is "yes." We've been playing by the written rules of the GenCon booklet, but having now played as non-Leader, Companion, and Leader, I hope that the earlier textual version is the intended way to play, for this particular rule.

Clinton, what's the word on that?

Ron,

Glad you asked. I didn't want to say "I fucked up" earlier, but it seems I did. I really support the idea that the listed ways are the only way to overcome the obstacle.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

jrs

I seem to recall that the original Game Chef text says something about using alternate abilities in a conflict would be possible if they are used creatively.  So if we have a single party member who has been abandoned with an obstacle, does he have the opportunity to use an alternate, i.e., non-threatened, ability when in conflict with said obstacle?  If this is possible, who gets to ok the use of an alternate ability? 

Julie

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: jrs on March 30, 2006, 11:50:53 AM
I seem to recall that the original Game Chef text says something about using alternate abilities in a conflict would be possible if they are used creatively.  So if we have a single party member who has been abandoned with an obstacle, does he have the opportunity to use an alternate, i.e., non-threatened, ability when in conflict with said obstacle?  If this is possible, who gets to ok the use of an alternate ability? 

The Leader is who it was, although I'd change it, actually. I'd say that if the Leader wants to say no, he has to take a vote.

- Clinton
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games