News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Come as you are: The Revenge!

Started by John Harper, April 04, 2006, 08:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Hansel

Film: Lord of the Rings Part III (Mid-Excellent. The closest movie theater is 2 hours away.)
Book: To Have or Have Not (again, excellent this time around, but not Hemingway's best. He tries to add theme to the book in at the end.  Doesn't work, IMHO.)
Game: Inspectres
Good Meal: Real authentic Mexican on the beach in Zihuatanejo (Best meal I've ever had. Period.)
Good Drink: Corona at the above mentioned meal. Nothing better on a beach in Mexico hiding from the sun under a cheap plastic tarp while sitting at a plastic table and watching the boats in the bay sway in the swells.

Calithena

Film: Once Upon a Time in the West, Sergio Leone
Book: The Thousandfold Thought, R. Scott Bakker
Game: Swordsmen & Sorcerers - my latest fantasy homebrew
Good Meal: A couple of fine beef preparations just this last week, well-supplemented with red wine, whiskey, and creme brulee (in the first case) and zabaglione (in the second), plus that obligatory green stuff.
Good Drink: I'm nursing a bottle of Nardini Riserva grappa I brought back in from my last trip to Italy.

jrs

Film: The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada (I think I've seen something after that but it must not have been memorable)
Book: Jingo / by Terry Pratchett
Game: City of Brass
Good Meal: Sushi (at Matsu Yama, 1059 W. Belmont, a bit of a hike from Schaumburg unfortunately) after an afternoon at a day spa
Good Drink: Grapefruit cocktail (1.5 oz gin, 1.5 oz fresh grapefruit juice, 1 T maraschino liqueur)

Julie

ErrathofKosh

Movie: The Legend of Zorro (My son really, really wanted to see it. Unfortunately, it lived up to my expectations, I wouldn't reccommend it.)
Book: I've been perusing my son's Arthur Spiderwick books.  Highly reccommend them for fantasy RPG ideas and setting.
Game: D20 Star Wars <sigh>  Fun, but I'd like to get out Heroquest.
Good Meal:  Some garlic, rosemary salmon I made... melts in the mouth!
Good Drink:  Rootbeer float... is that a drink?
Cheers,
Jonathan