News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Come as you are: The Revenge!

Started by John Harper, April 04, 2006, 08:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirk Ackermann

Happy Birthday, Forge.

Film: Gandhi, by chance on tv
Book: The Book of the new sun, by G. Wolfe
Game: DnD, pure gamistic psycho killer something, it was great
Meal: salmon breakfast with my girlfriend and my daughter
Drink: I do not drink alcohol, maybe one or two times in a year - and yesterday it was one beer

Oh, we have forgotten music!

So:

Music: Nine Inch Nails, The Fragile - No, you don't.

And Sports:

So:

Sport: Sparringsession in MMA.
In which way are you lucky?

Marhault

Film: Red Eye
Book: The Stupidest Angel, by Christopher Moore
Game: Amber Diceless
Good Drink: I caved and had a cherry coke last Friday.  Oh yeah.

Jennifer Rodgers

Film: Reincarnation. (Rinne) Newish film by Takashi Shimizu that I was lucky enough to catch at the Philly Film Fest on Monday. Good, but didn't make me pee myself. The ultimate goal.
Book: Fell #4 by Warren Ellis
Game: I was doing some art in the proximity of a Mage game this past weekend. That's as close as I get generally.
Good Meal: Eggplant and Coconut Biryani with a Ginger and Scallion Raita made by me. With samosa and mango ice-cream from the Indian market.
Good Drink: My masala chai with milk and honey from this morning.
Jennifer Rodgers
http://www.jenniferrodgers.com
I am the IllustraTOR
News blog: http://jenniferrodgers.livejournal.com/

Andrew Cooper

Movie: V for Vendetta - I liked it.
Book: Feast for Crows, George R R Martin.  - It's really only half a book even though it's 750 pages long.
Game: FATE - I'm having troubles with this system.
Meal: Had a good old fashioned Catfish fry last Sunday afternoon.
Drink: Um... I had a screwdriver about 2 months ago, does that count?

Iskander

Film: Thank You For Smoking.
Book: American Theocracy.
Game: Burning Wheel (playtest).
Meal: Chicken pita with everything and, oh yes, much hot sauce from the local purveyor of street-corner botulism.
Drink: The last really fucking good drink I had was on Thor's birthday. Damn that was fine whiskey.
Winning gives birth to hostility.
Losing, one lies down in pain.
The calmed lie down with ease,
having set winning & losing aside.

- Samyutta Nikaya III, 14

Thunder_God

Film: V for Vendetta - I lurved it, I lurved it deep and hot.
Book: Oy, too many to list. Started rerearing The Dark Tower series from the top, several books in Hebrew, manga, comics, etc.
Game: Erm, probably D&D 3.X - I enjoyed it, was a great group.
Meal: Poultry sausages and rice-thingy. Chicken sausages, I shit you not, though they did look like it, shit.
Drink: Juice, apple juice. I don't consume spirits.
Guy Shalev.

Cranium Rats Central, looking for playtesters for my various games.
CSI Games, my RPG Blog and Project. Last Updated on: January 29th 2010

Thor Olavsrud

Movie: Capote (I haven't been to the movies since December)

Book: H.M.S. Surprise by Patrick O'Brien

Game: [Censored]

Good Meal: The full omakase with beverage omakase at  Morimoto (and yes, Iron Chef Morimoto really is that good)

Good Drink: Macallan 1976 27 years Old Malt Cask 96 proof at Brandy Library on my 30th birthday

Kesher

Film:    Inside Man, instead of, unfortunately, V for Vendetta.
Book:  Ou Lou Khen and the Beautiful Madwoman, by Jessica Amanda Salmonson.  Highly Excellent.  Also in the middle of The Pound Era, by Hugh Kenner.  A work of freakin' genius.
Game: The Shab-al-Hiri Roach.  Yummy fun.
Meal:   A swordfish steak at Fulton's Seafood in Downtown Disney.  Plus we had an Arabic waiter who was pretending to be Italian...
Drink:  12 yr. old Dalmore scotch.  Oh so smooth.

Chris Goodwin

Film:  V for Vendetta
Book:  The Princess Bride
Game:  RPG:  Primetime Adventures.  Board, finished:  Blam!  Board, playtest:  Something of my own that's not finished yet (tentatively titled Surround)
Food:  Great German food from the Rheinlander in Portland
Drink:  Really good peach Italian soda
Chris Goodwin
cgoodwin@gmail.com

GreatWolf

Film:  Samurai Jack, eps 1-4.  Not high culture, but diverting.  (I've been sick the last couple of days)
Book: Smiley's People
RPG: Polaris
Board:  Heroscape!
Food:  Perogies and chicken strips, all home-made by my wife.
Drink:  The cup of coffee that I'm drinking right now.  Mocha Java coffee.  Mmm....
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

Jason Morningstar

Film: School of the Holy Beast (Awful)
Book: Jar City, Arnaldur Indriðason (Awesome)
Game: Mouse Guard!
Good Meal: Cod from Alaska and a baked sweet potato from my in-law's farm
Good Drink: Weird limeade from Harris Teeter

ScottM

Film: Spellbound.  I liked it quite a bit; eight kids off to the National Spelling Bee, struggling and persevering.
Book: Revelation Space by Alastair Reynolds.  The editting's bad... lots of poorly telegraphed POV transitions-- but the universe finally hooked me.  (There were several near abandonment moments.)
Game: WEG StarWars. We just started-- last Friday was our first night.  It was rocky-- no one was providing much for others to work from-- but the session ended with some good characterization and our alt. nights GM being enthusiastic.
Good Meal: Homemade pizza with chicken & feta cheese.
Good Drink: Tetley tea is worth the difference in price.  I was burning out on Tea until I stumbled on it.
Hey, I'm Scott Martin. I sometimes scribble over on my blog, llamafodder. Some good threads are here: RPG styles.

Jon Hastings

Film: The Prizewinner of Defiance, Ohio
Book: Spiral by Koji Suzuki
Game: Heroquest
Good Meal & Drink: Cheeseburger & chocolate milkshake from Burger Joint @ Parker Meridian

Alex F

Film (at cinema): Transamerica. Definitely rated.
Film (at home): A night at the opera. Just superb, and I haven't seen it since I was wee.
Book: Ug - you know what? The last book I read through (excluding rules) was my thesis back in september. The last fiction was The Scar (Mieville) in August. Currently proofing my brothers excellent but lengthy historical novel, which has something to do with it..
Game: PTA - Kin
Good Meal: South Indian cooking at Rasa - Sagara Rasam (seafood soup) and Chemmeen Masala - (Chilli prawn dish) with parathas.
Good drink: Not so much. Cider - Magners, mainly.

Paul Czege

Film: Syriana (last Saturday, V for Vendetta the night before)
Book: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone  (yeah, I'm a bit behind in my reading)
Game: Extemporal (something I shouldn't be letting distract me from Acts of Evil)
Good Meal: steak and swiss chard golumpki at Twingo's in Detroit (last Tuesday before Les Miserables at the Fisher Theatre)
Good Drink: mango and banana smoothies I made last night

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans