News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Predictions for 2006

Started by Troy_Costisick, April 05, 2006, 10:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy_Costisick

Heya,

I love to read predictions.  I don't care if they turn out true or not, to prognosticate is fun, and this is the only forum anywhere where I'd bring up such a subject.  So, what are your predcitions for 2006 concerning the RPG industry as a whole and indie RPGs as a group.  Predictions about yourself personally are also definately in play.  So, what do you think is coming down the road?

Peace,

-Troy

Kester Pelagius

Quote from: Troy_Costisick on April 05, 2006, 10:58:22 AMSo, what are your predcitions for 2006 concerning the RPG industry as a whole and indie RPGs as a group.

Well as '06 is already upon us I'd say we apt to see more of the same....

There will be an announcment of a game line being postponed with rumours if it about to be dropped quickly circulating that get fans in an uproar.

Thee will be rumours of a major buyout that has fans decrying the pending folding of the industry.

Speaking of rumours of the industry imploding, there will be an event with a major lavel that causes many (mostly grognards) to re-evaluate whether or not the hobby is worth sticking with.

Someone will launch what they will announce as a game that's "new" and "better" than (insert popular game to rag on here).

Ron will release a new game or announce he's going to being work on said game in the last quarter.

Clinton Nixon will announce he's created or is working on a new online RPG experience.

Matt Snyder will do something marvelous with RPG related fiction.

Rumors of D20s pending demise will circulate (again).

Jared Sorenson will create a new supplement to his dystopian RPG that incorporates RL events that will sell like brownies to a meeting of Chocoholics anonymous.

And I foresee that Kester Pelagius will have at least two more articles on Sanctum Inquisitorum appear at that other place.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." -Dante Alighieri

Josh Roby

Vincent Baker likes lime jello.

Tony Lower-Basch prefers blondes.

Jared Sorenson enjoys rainy days.

...oh, predictions.  I thought this was Predilections for 2006.
On Sale: Full Light, Full Steam and Sons of Liberty | Developing: Agora | My Blog

lumpley

Here's me with my eyes narrowed.

How did you know that?

Although really I prefer the one made with sour cream, cool whip, marshmallows and pineapple chunks. Yum!

-Vincent

Russell Collins

Our robot overlords will force us to only play D&D because it is "good enough for you, meatbag!"

They will meanwhile hoard all the copies of Forge stuff in bunkers and a cadre of resistance fighters will launch daring raids to bring us new titles.

I will write the rules for the game based on that concept and get banned from RPG.net for it.

Solidarity, brother.
My homeworld was incinerated by orbital bombardment and all I got was this lousy parasite.

Russell Collins
Composer, sound designer, gamer, dumpling enthusiast.

Keith Senkowski

I predict that I will end up crafting a Jungle Speed Title Belt by GenCon...
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Bryan Hansel

I predict that my number of post will rise to 56 with this post and that I'll publish a RPG this year, either free, or free + lulu, or not free... And I predict that, at least, one per will buy it.  My Aunt Vikie because she buys one of everything that I publish or am published in.

Kester Pelagius

I further predict that Jared Sorensen will make a brief appearance to inquire who this 'Sorenson' fellow everyone is talking about is, and those Robot Overlords will stipulate all games must be run using 1st ED rules, except on Tuesdays, when 2nd ED rules apply, unless it's a full moon that night, in which case the D&D basic rules from the Red and Blue box sets (but not the Black or Gold) must be used.
"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." -Dante Alighieri