News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Alive hearts, alive eyes, alive hands

Started by TonyLB, April 05, 2006, 11:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyLB

Here's Harry Chapin (from an album, obviously) relaying something that Pete Seeger said to him about activism:

Quote from: Pete SeegerAll these years, protesting and being involved, I don't know if I've made any difference.  But I'll tell you one thing that I do know.  Being involved in this means that you're involved with the people with alive hearts, alive eyes, alive hands.  Just think of everyone you've known, the people who stood out ... they care about something.

And I heard that and thought "I'm glad the Birthday Forum is open."  All my work, thinking about games and writing them and being involved, I don't know if I've made any difference.  But I'll tell you one thing that I do know.  Being involved in this has meant that I'm talking with and gaming with the people with alive hearts, alive eyes, alive imaginations.  I'm very grateful for that.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Andy Kitkowski

The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Andrew Cooper

God dammit, Tony!  Yer gonna make me cry and ruin my tough guy persona!

On a more serious note...

This is my second Forge Anniversary.  I'm still an avid reader and participate as I can.  Thanks to Ron and Clinton for making this place available and to everyone else who is active for making it a place I love to hang out.

pells

Well, first anniversary for me... Might be the good thread to say what I want to say on this occasion.

I've never taken part in a forum before. I guess I don't like the idea of a community (I would never be part of a club who would accept me as a member), neither the overall attitude in most forums I've seen before.

Well, the forge is special. A special place with special people. I'm glad to be, somehow, part of it.
Sébastien Pelletier
And you thought plot was in the way ?
Current project Avalanche