News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Look what else I can do!

Started by matthijs, April 05, 2006, 04:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talysman

I've already linked to some lyrics I wrote for Interröbang Cartel, for which I also occasionally record stuff, but I'm a terrible singer and other Cartel members do a much better job than I do (probably the best one with me singing is Esperanto Movies; it's not too bad, although I still hear lots of things I did wrong.) I also maintain the website, which I'm currently trying to write a complete wiki/CMS for in PerlHP because it's hard to add features to the original wiki code. This is the biggest programming project I've ever attempted, though, and it's slow going.

When not recording ordinary music, I perform experimental music. I got to be on the radio twice, play Norcal Noisefest every year, and I have a show coming up April 30th. I need to finish my CD.

I'm also a pretty decent video editor; I did the last two demos for Norcal Noisefest's grant applications. I've done a couple animation things, but they're not that great. I want t do better.

I'd also mention that I write, but that's a meaningless statement in any geek subculture. EVERYONE writes.
John Laviolette
(aka Talysman the Ur-Beatle)
rpg projects: http://www.globalsurrealism.com/rpg

Kesher

I play guitar and write songs and lyrics.  I was in a band (who isn't in Minneapolis) and put out a cd.

I occasionally act in local theater; I've directed a couple of shows.

I'm a good dad.

I'm fabulous at getting lost, even when on the way to places I've been a million times.

And I gotsta ask:

Quote from: Thunder God
I totally suck at 3D box folding tests as well, well, "totally suck" as in get 6 out of 9, as opposed to 8-10 out of 9 in other subjects(Yes, 10 out of 9, deal with it).

What the hell is a box folding test?  I mean, besides the obvious...  Is that an IDF thing?  :P

kesher

Paul Czege

I can program quite well in OmniMark, an obscure but pretty cool text processing language.

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

pedyo

I play drums in a band called virak: www.virak.net - we've just recorded an album's worth of material and we're currently looking for a record deal.

/P

Peter Dyring-Olsen

Thunder_God

Quote from: Kesher on April 05, 2006, 02:57:45 PM
Quote from: Thunder God
I totally suck at 3D box folding tests as well, well, "totally suck" as in get 6 out of 9, as opposed to 8-10 out of 9 in other subjects(Yes, 10 out of 9, deal with it).

What the hell is a box folding test?  I mean, besides the obvious...  Is that an IDF thing?  :P

Not at all, psychotechnic tests, where they give you an "unfolded" 3D form, laying flat, and they present you with 4 "constructed" 3D forms, and you have to pick which one is constructed from the folded one.
Guy Shalev.

Cranium Rats Central, looking for playtesters for my various games.
CSI Games, my RPG Blog and Project. Last Updated on: January 29th 2010

Frank T

I know how to do a hyperlink in HTML, which I'm pretty fucking proud of. Also, I'm a crack lawyer and recently published a short story in a paperback fantasy anthology. Plus, I know Star Wars Episode IV-VI by heart.

- Frank

ErrathofKosh

Quote from: TonyLB on April 05, 2006, 11:25:21 AM
Once upon a time I started speaking along with the opening of the Princess Bride, walked out of the room, down to the store, over to the library ... basically all sorts of errands, still keeping the dialogue track running, and when I got back I was still split-second perfect in being synchronized with what was being said in the movie ("Fezzik!  He's getting away from me!")  I have witnesses.

I bow in awe and wonder.

I can sleep in any position and I am awesome when it comes to Star Wars trivia. 
Cheers,
Jonathan

Anders Larsen

I can program in 5-6 different languages, but I can never learn Prolog.
I can write songs, play guitar and piano, and I try very hard to sing.
I am a rather good writer - when I write in Danish.
And I am a rather good artist:

http://www.tempestas.org/root/images/normal/archaeologist-scaled.png
http://www.tempestas.org/root/images/normal/lynn-scale-clean-color.png
http://www.tempestas.org/root/images/normal/occ_archer-clean-scale.png

And then I waste my time on trying to make an role playing game.

- Anders

Joel P. Shempert

I can sing. I sing in a choir. I'm a baritone. I wish I could sing lower. I have sung in both hemishperes.

I studied Music Theory and everything and the result is that I wrote some music. Which my choir sang. Which makes me all warm in side.

I can write pretty well and have usde to write on the college newspaper and havea few finished and a few unfinished stories under my belt, plus some poetry.

I can dance. Actually I can't really, but I do anyway.

I started a project on my birthday (St. Pats, a good time for it) to revive the art of the Pub Song in American culture. I'm hoping to have a second go at it this weekend. it's very rewarding, uh, cultural anthropology.

I also can not clean my room.

I can not roll the numbers that I want to on dice. low, high, whatever. The dice know what numbers I want and they mock me.
Story by the Throat! Relentlessly pursuing story in roleplaying, art and life.

komradebob

Quote from: Joshua BishopRoby on April 05, 2006, 01:33:51 PM
Quote from: Brennan Taylor on April 05, 2006, 11:58:36 AM
Quote from: Jared A. Sorensen on April 05, 2006, 11:56:22 AM
I can infuriate communities of fringe hobbyists on internet message forums.
Anybody can do that, Jared.

Yes, but Jared has a special gift.

Having seen it in action, I'd call it a superpower.
Robert Earley-Clark

currently developing:The Village Game:Family storytelling with toys