News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Heroquest purchase question

Started by Joel P. Shempert, April 07, 2006, 01:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lamorak33

I know that Mike and the others are right about Tolkein canononical position on magic, and I take Mikes point about it perhaps becoming a bit 'Greyhawk' but I felt there was a more magical feel to ME in the hobbit and the first couple of books of LOTR.

I would probably avoid runninga game during the war of the ring, but there is  tons of potential during the disintegration of Arnor for example.

Just my tuppence worth.

Regards
Rob

Mike Holmes

Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Joel P. Shempert

Workin' on it. I'm in the magic section right now; I was plugging away pretty steady at first, then a bookstore sale flooded me with recreational reading material. :)

Should finish soon.
Story by the Throat! Relentlessly pursuing story in roleplaying, art and life.

Fredrik S

Hello all.
I've been lurking around The Forge for years, reading about HeroQuest (and other games) and how people use it. The time has come to show myself, for now I too have the book.
A few observations: Magic and Religion in HQ seems to be two sides of the same coin. Interesting.. (I have only glanced at the chapters on magic yet, but I get the general idea. I think).
It's also interesting to note the difference between the rules as written/the the examples of play in the book and the rules as interpreted by people in this forum. Who knows how I'd have read them if I'd gone into the book blind.

Okay then. Now I just need to create a opportunity for a testQuest.

F