News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Ability (or lack there of) Checks and BDTP

Started by donbaloo, April 12, 2006, 12:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donbaloo

Just want to clarify whether we were playing the system correctly.  It is acceptable to use an ability in which you are Unskilled (0), so long as its not an ability from outside your race or culture...an open ability.  Is this correct?

Also, after reading several older threads on multiple participants in BDtP I wanted to make sure of something.  If I have two PCs with identical intents in BDtP against an SGC with an opposing intent, do the PCs have to combine their checks into a complex check following all the standards rules?  That is to say, does the most skilled throw first with success level adding bonus dice to the lesser skilled PC?  May they choose to roll seperately?

Thanks...
Chris McNeilly

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: donbaloo on April 12, 2006, 12:07:03 PM
Just want to clarify whether we were playing the system correctly.  It is acceptable to use an ability in which you are Unskilled (0), so long as its not an ability from outside your race or culture...an open ability.  Is this correct?

Also, after reading several older threads on multiple participants in BDtP I wanted to make sure of something.  If I have two PCs with identical intents in BDtP against an SGC with an opposing intent, do the PCs have to combine their checks into a complex check following all the standards rules?  That is to say, does the most skilled throw first with success level adding bonus dice to the lesser skilled PC?  May they choose to roll seperately?

Unskilled Ability use of any open ability or any ability you've seen used is totally acceptable.

As for multiple participants in BDTP, they can roll together or separately. If two people have the same intention, I highly suggest that they roll together. If not, one person can block more than one action with the same roll, but I'd definitely throw in a penalty die if they are overwhelmed.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

donbaloo

Quote from: Clinton R. Nixon on April 12, 2006, 12:17:33 PM
If two people have the same intention, I highly suggest that they roll together. If not, one person can block more than one action with the same roll, but I'd definitely throw in a penalty die if they are overwhelmed.

Thanks for the quick feedback Clinton.  Would you have the most skilled roll first and add to the less skilled as in any other working together check?
Chris McNeilly

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: donbaloo on April 12, 2006, 12:31:35 PM
Quote from: Clinton R. Nixon on April 12, 2006, 12:17:33 PM
If two people have the same intention, I highly suggest that they roll together. If not, one person can block more than one action with the same roll, but I'd definitely throw in a penalty die if they are overwhelmed.

Thanks for the quick feedback Clinton.  Would you have the most skilled roll first and add to the less skilled as in any other working together check?

Yes.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games