News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Portal] Artwork Request

Started by Lance Tofsrud, April 18, 2006, 02:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance Tofsrud

Good day everyone,

First off, my apologies for not using my first name instead of an alias for posting; I noticed that using our real names was preferred after I had registered. Just too anxious I suppose. Anyways, if there is a way to change it, please let me know so I can adjust my user name. 

Now on to my request... Again, I am sorry if this is lengthy. I wasn't sure how much information would be required so I erred on the side of caution.

Summary
I am looking for an artist to create some icons for use in Visio.  I am using Visio in conjunction with some hex-based graph images that I found on a web page to clarify rules for my RPG.  Right now I am just using one that I found ripped from MSN Messenger. Up until now I have been making do with that but I would prefer to replace it with something more content worthy and in tune with what I am working on.

Work Description
I like the Windows XP style but it is not really a preference by any means, so any suggestions offered in your email (see below) are more than welcome.  I am looking more for consistency than anything.  If you do go with the Windows XP style, I'd like to go with the 'waist up' approach that you usually see in the majority of icons.

The RPG is a tactical combat theme similar to Rainbow Six produced by Red Storm Entertainment/Ubisoft, where the party of players must cooperatively tackle a scenario in order to succeed.

The 'icons' should be in roughly in the range of 48 x 48 pixels or 72 x 72 pixels (so I can scale them down without too much distortion). Here is a partial list of the icons I would like at this time (I will probably request more down the road):

• SWAT/Anti-Terrorist style player icon with handgun
  • SWAT/Anti-Terrorist style player icon with assault rifle
  • 2 different Terrorist style NPC icon with firearms
  • 2 brick wall icons; one that is horizontal (for the top or bottom edge of a hex space) and a second that follows the angle of the hex grid (sample of the paper is in the [li]Research Information section below)
  • Smoke grenade
  • Explosive grenade

I would prefer the files be in a format such as GIF that supports transparency.  If there is a format that you think would be better; again, please suggest.

Contact Information & Quotes
If you are interested in creating these images for me, please contact me at lance_PLEASE_REMOVE_@digitalarchitecture.ca.  I would appreciate a cost per image (USD or CDN dollars is fine) and a sample or link to any work that you have done.  If there is anything that I can supply, for example a sample of what I have done in Visio, please let me know. I am really keen on creating a relationship that will hopefully work for both parties beyond just this initial spot of work.

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from some of you lucky individuals that are not drawing impaired such as myself.

Lance Tofsrud
lance_PLEASE_REMOVE_@digitalarchitecture.ca

Research Information
These are some links that might help dictating style of art or RPG play that I am working towards.

Hex Graph Paper (PDF Generator) I am using as a base
http://www.incompetech.com/beta/hexagonalGraphPaper/hex.html

Here is a link to an example of the MSN icon that I have been using to date.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Msnmessenger-logonscreen-xp.png

Rainbow Six
http://www.rainbowsixgame.com/