News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Fighting Demons

Started by a_verheaghe, April 27, 2006, 01:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a_verheaghe

I just ordered the PDF version and while I wait for e-mail notification my mind is running rampant. I notice from going over previous posts that demons are non-corporeal and not fought, but excised (sp?). Is it posible to change that and allow for some good old blessed bullets and demon shoot'em ups? I really am intrigued by the concept as written, but would like to introduce a little good vs evil combat.
Thanks,
Andy

Vaxalon

There's stuff in the book about the "supernatural dial".  Just crank the dial up and that's what you got.
"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker

jburneko

Even cranking the supernatural dial demons are still non-coporeal.  They can act in the form of 'highly motivated' natural disasters and accidents. Storms, stuff myseriously breaking, the untimely arrival of hostal outsiders, etc.

But!  Don't forget about Possessed People and Sorcerers.  That's where your blessed bullets and stuff come in.  I find these two elements give me plenty of supernatural action material to work with.

Jesse

lumpley

The thing to do is use the resolution rules as they stand, even though you're describing visible, touchable demons. Bullets still don't hurt them, ceremony still does.

I've done this, it works fine.

-Vincent