News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Capes at GenCon, Friday night!

Started by Hans, April 26, 2006, 11:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans

This is an open call to everyone who will be at GenCon who wants Capes action.

Ok, I'm looking through the events at GenCon and I realize I am the ONLY person who has a Capes session scheduled.  ACK! 

However, I also have a Games on Demand (G.O.D.) session scheduled for Friday night, from 6 to 10 PM.

So, here are my suggestions:

1) Save my own session of scheduled Capes (from 8 to Noon) for newcomers to Capes.  Even if you would like to play in this session, hold off for a few days after registration opens, then see if it is still available.

2) If you want REAL Capes action, where lots of people who have played before will be playing, show up at the Independent Games Explostion G.O.D. area at 6 PM on Friday night with a generic ticket.  Then, lets play CAPES!   Conceivably, even after 10 PM (when the block officially ends) we can find other space to keep playing for as long as we want.

Personally, I think it would be cool as all get out if we had 2 or 3 tables worth of Capes going on at once, especially if Tony was around, so he could bask in the glory.

So again, save one generic ticket for Friday night, and come play!
* Want to know what your fair share of paying to feed the hungry is? http://www3.sympatico.ca/hans_messersmith/World_Hunger_Fair_Share_Number.htm
* Want to know what games I like? http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/skalchemist

TonyLB

Well, I'm certainly all for basking.  Sounds like an excellent plan to me.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Andrew Cooper

I will also be doing Capes at GenCon for GoD.  I'm doing Capes for GOD!  How badass is that?  I need a T-shirt that says that.

TonyLB

Or "I'm on a Mission from GOD", with the "ames" "n" and "emand" spelled down vertically from the great big "GOD"
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Andrew Cooper

Or... "Lost?  Let me lead you to GOD."  hehe

Hans

Quote from: Gaerik on April 26, 2006, 12:24:39 PM
I will also be doing Capes at GenCon for GoD.  I'm doing Capes for GOD!  How badass is that?  I need a T-shirt that says that.

Andrew, I just noticed you are on the shift before me (2 - 6 PM) on Friday.  While I won't be there (I'm running Dust Devils during that period), this is a good thing, because it conceivably means people who start playing in the Afternoon could just keep playing through the rest of the evening.   Its find by me, as long as you pony up the generic tickets so that Kat Miller doesn't do unspeakable, horrible things to me.
* Want to know what your fair share of paying to feed the hungry is? http://www3.sympatico.ca/hans_messersmith/World_Hunger_Fair_Share_Number.htm
* Want to know what games I like? http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/skalchemist

Eric Sedlacek

I can't afford to go to GenCon this year, but last year, I had a couple of scheduled Capes events.

One of them bombed out from lack of attendance.  I was bummed.  But the other went smashingly. 

If I had gone this year, I probably would have kept it more informal.  G.O.D. is a great idea.  I think you will get a lot more for your effort. 

Andrew Cooper

Eric,

Didn't you facilitate one of the games I played in?  I think it started in a museum and then ended with a giant bull-thing stomping around the city.  If so, you'll definately be missed this year.  I had a blast.

Tuxboy

Damn...there are times that living half the world away really puts a cramp on my Capes play...have fun at that get the chance.
Doug

"Besides the day I can't maim thirty radioactive teenagers is the day I hang up my coat for good!" ...Midnighter

Eric Sedlacek

Quote from: Gaerik on April 26, 2006, 08:06:53 PM
Eric,

Didn't you facilitate one of the games I played in?  I think it started in a museum and then ended with a giant bull-thing stomping around the city.  If so, you'll definately be missed this year.  I had a blast.

Yep.  That was it.  I'll miss being there too.  Maybe next year.