News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Web promotion

Started by Emmett, March 17, 2006, 05:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emmett

Really, so far, the portal software that I picked seems to be the only one that allows ranking links. I personally think that link ranks, while they could be abused, are important for casual visitors to be able to find good content quickly. Otherwise if there were ever a lot of links, you could hit several dozen poor quality sites before getting one that was any good. It is my feeling that having some way of managing that is very important.

The other nice thing about the xoops portal is that it allows you to put links as the main page, none of the other portals I've run across allow that.

The del.icio.us website is nice, but I'm not sure how to make that work well for a community site.

There is one way to make Keywords work. There is a search option, and if you put the keyword in your description of the site, it will find it. That's not a perfect solution I know, but it is functional.

I agree, being able to assign keywords to a link would be ideal but I do not know a simple way of doing it where it is intrinsic to the nature of the site. I would like to be able to fulfil everyones desires, but the best I can do is fill a need.
Cowboys never quit!!!

Emmett

Well I've done a few minor adjustments but what the site really needs now is people trying to use it and telling me what's broken or missing. So if you want a way to get eyeballs and googlebots scanning your website, come sign up and we'll do what we can.
Cowboys never quit!!!

sean2099

I added a link to your site.  My opinion only here, but I think there needs to be a category for games with universal settings.

Please visit my site and add your link there or you can post what you want me to add.  (I am using a ugly free site...I can't complain about the price.)

Thanks for letting me add my link,

Sean
http://www.agesgaming.bravehost.com

agesgaming_divinity subscribe@yahoogroups.com

email to join AGES Gaming Yahoo Group
it's my lil' website.

Emmett

Hey no problem! What does a "Universal" setting mean? Is that something like GURPS?
Cowboys never quit!!!

sean2099

Sorry for the belated reply.

GURPs is a good example, a set of rules that can be used for various setting...
I also look at the HERO system as an example of what that can look like.

Oh, I see you have added this.
http://www.agesgaming.bravehost.com

agesgaming_divinity subscribe@yahoogroups.com

email to join AGES Gaming Yahoo Group
it's my lil' website.

Ben Lehman

Cool site!  I'm planning on making some extended use of it.