News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[SIX: Confederacy Working Hidden] Needing a bit of help...

Started by Dreadmaster, June 22, 2006, 06:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreadmaster

...I'm having a problem with getting on with my story, looks like I need help...
I've got a start on my game ()www.legendarytales.com, but that's all I've got...

The player starts by helping a friend, by delivering a letter to a friend of him in a city called Retch. The player gets there, and delivers the letter, but when he's/she's out on a midnight-walk one night, he/she gets attacked by a group of black-dressed figures. They leave the player outside a robbed shop, and the player gets the blame. He is throwed in the Confederacy Jails. There, a cloaked person saves you(the player) and helps you out. No-one knows who this person is...

That's all I've got, and that's about... let's see... five minutes. A little short, don't you think?

Well, anybody here have got a suggestion for the story?

jeremycoatney

-Hi,
     More information is needed to provide a story, such as what is the overall setting for the game supposed to be. Another good thing to know is what kind of tone does the game have? Is it serious and dark, or light hearted and comedic? Is it still undecided? Without this information it is hard to suggest a story for your game, or even a way to get one.
     If you can provide this information I, and other people, can likely give you some suggestions for stories to go with your game, or even write you some if you like. As it is, I can't really be much more help than this.
     Decide on these variables first and foremost, after you have the basic framework of your world and the type of story you wich to tell, what kind of flexibility do you wich the story to have? If you would like the player to have some or a lot of flexibility in how they handle the story it must be written in a fairly different manner than if you want it to be essentially linear.
     Well, I wish you luck. I may attempt to be more helpful to your cause in the future.
-Jeremy
www.myrpgstore.com
Home of the No '&' RPGs system.