News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Publishing Method

Started by Peter, June 07, 2001, 02:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

I know it's probably been thought about and even used... but I just noticed that you can purchase an Office velobinder (a binding machine) for around $100. Most models can bind up to 200 pages.

I already own a laser printer...

Anyhow. Once I get my scanner back together, I may try and actually produce something this way. It's cheaper than CD-burning.

---------------
Peter Seckler
Campaign starting in Columbia, MD, email pjseckler@aol.com for details.

Nathan

Man, Peter, you are one crazy muthah...

I mean, bumming off your friends to get PDFs made is one thing -- even going to Kinko's to print up some ashcan copies of your game is cool -- but putting together the funds to buy your own velobinder is hardcore... just for some games. It both amazes and stupifies me how goofy we gamers are.

But its cool. If you do go that route, let me know what the quality is like and how the thing works. :smile:

Hehe...

Nathan
-------------------------------------------
http://www.mysticages.com/
Serving imagination since '99
Eldritch Ass Kicking:
http://www.eldritchasskicking.com/
-------------------------------------------

Clay

Nathan,

The quality isn't too bad.  That's how I bound my copies of Ron's books.  Printed them off on the office laser printer and bound them on the office velo binder.  The boss was astonished but not pissed, as he was a roleplayer from way back.
Clay Dowling
RPG-Campaign.com - Online Campaign Planning and Management

Clay

On another note, it should be possible to get a saddle sticher for a couple of hundred used, if you know where to look.  If you aren't familiar, a saddle sticher is the machine that is used to bind the stapled softcover books.  It gets pretty simple to put out some digest-sized books then.

Of course, at this point it's really starting to get a lot cheaper to have a local print shop handle the operation for you.
Clay Dowling
RPG-Campaign.com - Online Campaign Planning and Management