News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Preorder Shock: 1.1

Started by Joshua A.C. Newman, July 18, 2007, 04:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua A.C. Newman

(Crossposted from Monkey Do, Monkey See)

I'm not good at keeping my mouth shut, but I win a brownie for this one. Over the last 8 months or so while people were telling me about the unclear parts of Shock:, I was quietly listening and writing a new edition with the extraordinary editorial help of Ben Lehman and Cauley Greene. The new edition is version 1.1 and has gone off to press, so now I can tell people about it.

The new version directly addresses the stuff that was missing or unclear before, integrates the various hacks and recommendations that Matthjis Holter assembled, squishes some strange typos and grammatical choices, and tweaks a number here and there to make the game work a little better.

If you submitted a head for bounty, you can either pick your copy up at Gen Con (assuming no printing disasters) or I'll ship it to you after the con. Likewise, the four reviewers during Sci Fi Week at RPGnet will each get a copy in thanks for their reviews, as promised.

If you want to get yourself a copy ASAP, you can order Shock: 1.0 from my site now (or Indie Press Revolution, of course) and you'll get not only a copy of 1.0, but a signed copy of 1.1 when it's off the press. You'll be able to pick it up from me at Gen Con or I'll ship it to you.

The price of the book will be going up once this promotion is done, so get your copy before that happens!

Enjoy the Future!
the glyphpress's games are Shock: Social Science Fiction and Under the Bed.

I design books like Dogs in the Vineyard and The Mountain Witch.

rafial

So what's the deal for those of us who are Shock 1.0 owners?

Joshua A.C. Newman

I'm trying to figure that out. Obviously, I don't want to stiff you, but I can't offer a huge discount, either. At the very least, you'll be getting a PDF of 1.1, and maybe a reduced upgrade price on the hardcopy. I have to figure out what all the costs are to me before I figure out how little I can safely charge.

If you turned in a bounty, you get a copy for free as thanks.

Nev the Deranged

Kudos to you, man, for backing up your work. Must have been a b!tch keeping it quiet for so long, heh.

I must say I am super-duper pleased to hear this, as I had *really* jonesed on the concept, but had pretty much crossed it off my list after hearing about some of the issues you mentioned, as I am loathe to decipher unclear text. So hearing that I will finally be able to get my grubby paws on a tweaked copy is joyous news indeed.

I'll be checking out that promo on IPR and snag a copy of 1.1 when I see you at GenCon.

Thanks!

D.

Joshua A.C. Newman

Awesome! I look forward to handing it off.

Ron Edwards

Count me in for paying full price for 1.1 and being happy to do it.

The total money paid will totally be worth owning and playing the science fiction role-playing game.

Best, Ron

Joshua A.C. Newman

Guys, in case you haven't caught wind elsewhere, the deal is, 1.0 early adopters get a PDF of 1.1.

You know, I'm not sure I've announced that here. I'll do that now.

Nev the Deranged

So, yeah, we totally played this weekend. Expect an AP post as soon as I have time... which hopefully will be soon.