News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

New Announcement!!!

Started by khelek, May 13, 2006, 10:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khelek

Check out Luke's major announcement over at the BW Forums!!!

Rocking!

http://www.burningwheel.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

Iskander

Winning gives birth to hostility.
Losing, one lies down in pain.
The calmed lie down with ease,
having set winning & losing aside.

- Samyutta Nikaya III, 14

ejh

Sweet Mother of Rock!  Must.. own!

Brand_Robins

- Brand Robins

Larry L.

Wow.

So wait. Is this an indie licensed product? That's kinda cool in itself.

Luke

Quote from: Larry Lade on May 14, 2006, 12:32:28 AM
Wow.

So wait. Is this an indie licensed product? That's kinda cool in itself.

This is indeed an ultra-small press licensed product. Chris Moeller published his work through Dark Horse and a special DC imprint back in the heyday of creator owned comics. Therefore the "licensing deal" is an author to author agreement. No corporate nannies involved.

-L

Luke

Eric J-D

Wow. [stage direction: Eric stoops to pick up his jaw from the floor--his tongue lolls obscenely).

Sweet mother of God, this book looks incredible!  I had absolutely no idea that this was coming.

I have only one question: when you say that this is an ultra-small press licensed game does this mean that we are going to have to practically kill one another to get our hands on the game, or will there be a pretty sizeable print run?

I haven't read these comics yet, but I sure as hell will now.

Thanks Luke.

Eric

Thor Olavsrud

We'll print plenty. What he means is that Christopher Moeller is a very smart guy who kept his ownership of the Iron Empires rather than selling it. Because of that, Chris was able to make his own decisions about the property. The same is true of Luke, of course.

Darren Hill

Ooo, very exciting news.
It also makes me think: since every Burning Wheel game is probably going to have a title fo the form Burning [something], I'd really like to see a game focussed on witches. Just for kicks.