News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Countdown games

Started by Kirk Mitchell, May 13, 2006, 09:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk Mitchell

Right, so this is Countdown Games, and its inspired by the stuff that Vincent Baker and Ben Lehman are doing. Recently, Vincent has been churning out games like a crazy fuck and counting down to them. And Ben has gone and done the same thing.

So here's the idea: grab a notebook and carry it around with you everywhere. Work on game ideas and shit. Take a hint from Vincent and bring it with you to the porcelain throne. And so, with those ideas, see if you can try churning out a new game every 10 days. Announce the concept and shit when you start, and then ten days later you have to come up with the goods. Other than that, there are no real hard and fast rules. I'm not proposing to be some sort of judge or anything. I'm hardly qualified for that.

You might wanna check out Vincent's Checklist.

And it starts tonight, whatever time midnight is for where you live.

GO!

- Kirk
Teddy Bears Are Cool: My art and design place on the internet tubes.

Kin: A Game About Family

Kirk Mitchell

Also: after you have completed your game, you need to have the game playtested within the next ten days after that. And then you go back and re-write it. Just keep on going until you have a completed game! And then start over!

The objective of this endeavor is to encourage people to not only write a game, but to keep up the momentum to continue to develop it. Its a triathlon as opposed to a hundred yard dash.

And if you really want, I can give you something shiny to put on your games.

- Kirk
Teddy Bears Are Cool: My art and design place on the internet tubes.

Kin: A Game About Family