News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Mythic Russia

Started by Mark Galeotti, May 15, 2006, 05:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil the Wimp

Quote from: Mark Galeotti on June 05, 2006, 09:06:13 PM
I'd add that the very nice sample scenario, written by Neil Smith (and run at various cons), is explicitly written not as a scene-by-scene story but a series of conflicts and character dilemmas.

Thanks for the kind words.  The scenario started out with a traditional three-act structure, but I just don't think about scenarios that way any more.  Mike and Rob helped with figuring out how to present such a scenario, as well as throwing in a few more bangs. 

If anyone has comments about the scenario, either from reading or (preferably) playing it, I'd love to hear them. 

Neil.

PS: dayjob-commitments allowing, I should be running an all-new MR scenario at Conitnuum in July.
Milton Keynes RPG Club: http://www.mk-rpg.org.uk .  Tuesday evenings.  Come join us!
Concrete Cow 10½ mini-con, 11 September 2010, Milton Keynes, UK.

Lisa Padol

A friend of mine is willing to do my Gen Con Indy shopping via proxy. How much should I send with him for Mythic Russia and to what booth should I direct him?

-Lisa Padol

Mark Galeotti

Quote from: Lisa Padol on August 02, 2006, 02:50:55 PM
A friend of mine is willing to do my Gen Con Indy shopping via proxy. How much should I send with him for Mythic Russia and to what booth should I direct him?

Sadly, you can't -- when decisions were being made about a presence at Gencon it looked then for various reasons that the book wouldn't be published, so it probably won't be there now. But you can order it (http://www.firebird-productions.com/ordering.htm) and have a copy zoom your way before it hits the stores!

All the best

Mark
A HREF=http://www.firebird-productions.com/>Mythic Russia: heroism and adventure in the land of the Firebird</A>

Lisa Padol

Ah. Thanks.

-Lisa Padol

rafial

Just curious if the preorders have started shipping yet?  I'm holding out a vain hope that I might get mine in time to take it to Gen Con ;)

Alex F

I'd quite like to see the link to Mike's article that Alexandre linked to (Heroquest sounds interesting and this setting sounds great, but I am more forge- than trad-oriented), but it didn't work. Anyone got a good link?

CCW

Charles Wotton

Alex F

Christopher Kubasik

Hi Mark,

I want to buy your game.

And yet... I find that I'm not sure how.

The MR website is a little obsure on the matter... And assurances that I'll be able to buy it online or at brick and mortar sites soon don't really give the info I need.

I'm not going to try to tell you your business, but I've been watching the indie-press gang for a while, and I can tell you, they work their asses off to make sure that I know where to buy their games and that I can buy their games.

I recently tried to buy both Riddle of Steel and Burning Wheel from my local game store. They had never heard of either game. When I pressed them about ordering them for me, they told me, in each case, the games were "discontinued." When I made it clear that this wasn't the case, the came down on me, getting mad at me, saying, "Dude! If you can buy them over the internet, then buy them over the internet!"

I bring this all up to say, "Don't assume anyone is looking out for your interests in this matter, even if it's in their interests!

I simply can't be bothered with brick and morter stores for RPGs anymore.

So that leaves the internet. But I don't want to hunt down which online site will sell me your game -- so tell me.

One of my mottos -- any impediment to a sale almost always guarantees a loss of sale.

By the way, I ordered RoS and BW online.... But I knew where to go : )

Good luck on the project. Sounds great.

Christopher
"Can't we for once just do what we're supposed to do -- and then stop?
Lemonhead, The Shield

Mark Galeotti

Hi Chris

Quote from: Christopher Kubasik on August 04, 2006, 06:58:12 PM
I want to buy your game.

And yet... I find that I'm not sure how.

The MR website is a little obsure on the matter... And assurances that I'll be able to buy it online or at brick and mortar sites soon don't really give the info I need.

In due course the game ought to be in games stores and also amazon.com, but for the moment you can buy direct and get it before it goes out to the distributors. The details are @ http://www.firebird-productions.com/ordering.htm

All the best

Mark

A HREF=http://www.firebird-productions.com/>Mythic Russia: heroism and adventure in the land of the Firebird</A>

Nick Brooke

Quote from: Mark Galeotti on August 04, 2006, 07:05:19 PM
In due course the game ought to be in games stores and also amazon.com...

It's already on amazon.co.uk, and is listed (but marked "currently not available") on amazon.com.

Cheers, Nick
Lokarnos.com
Your index to all the best Gloranthan websites

Thalaxis

Do you by any chance have any updates on the ETA for pre-orders?