News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Zombie game, help with concepts "normal people in ubearable situations"

Started by donovan75, May 25, 2006, 11:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donovan75

forgot to add this

Attribute         Resolve
BODY       =    Vitality
REFLEX    =    Speed
REASON   =    Aware
POWER    =    Sanity

Gary "Grail" Condra

Hey again,

Okay I've read what you sent me an it all sounds good the only thing at the moment is that it seems too rules intensive and someof the things aren't really explained yet but I expect you'll explain later. Anyway another suggeston I have for you is to raid the four Raid Earth topics on the here, as most of the stuff would work with your system as well and the idea's in there are wonderful and exetremely helpful. Anyway sorry my messages are short but I hope the little I say helps you.

Cheers,
Gary

donovan75

Hey Gary
   Checked out your character creation, Which is all I got. Its reminiscent of a storyteller system, which is a solid system. Those systems really give the players time and tools to get their concepts down and give fast game play.

Suggestion about something I read about the drop ship thing. Why not do a "Space Elevator". Do a search on the net about them, they are basicly a big line hooked to a orbital platform that is anchored to the earth.

If theirs anything you need specificly detailed out as far as what you want me to critique then tell me what you need looked at. Otherwise the Character creation is pretty cool.

Gary "Grail" Condra

Yes that's all I've commited to PC so far, anyway I just think your making your system too rule based, I mean you did say d6 simple. correct me ig I'm wrong but I think maybe making it slightly simpler would be a good step to take but other then that I love what I've seen and can't wait to look over more for you.

donovan75

SO the "Simple" thing is getting carried away, hehe.
The problem I'm having in the concept stage so far is making it "realistic", thats probely a keyword I should have used before. I really want the players to feel like "this is really happening". If I make certain things general then it gets a vague responce. Like if i ask you to make a character and It's to simple then you might pick a Marine for a character but you wouldnt pick a Network Tech for a Bank thats never seen a real gun. I think the personality questionare (i think youve seen it?) really will bring out the RP with such detailed guidelines (suggestions really). Not really sure how far I can go with the realism or maybe how do I make the gameplay real without boging it down with rules?

Gary "Grail" Condra

Did you make it? If so then no all I had was the guts, but if that is so then maybe although I think using general profession names would be good. Like, a soldier, marine, techie, bank clerk and etc. Would simplify it while keeping the feel you want.