News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Burning Empires Preorders

Started by Luke, May 22, 2006, 10:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke

http://www.burningempires.com/preorder.html

Hello my peeps!

As you may or may not know, I'm publishing a new game this summer called Burning Empires. It's kind of like Burning Wheel, but with more oomphf. It's crazily story-focused and less crunchy on the small end (there's no more shades, combat's been streamlined, etc.). And it's based on the comics of Christopher Moeller.

The game will officially debut in August at GenCon. However, I'm offering a number of preorder deals. Why pay now to receive the game in three months? First, I'll be honest, as a small press publisher, preorders help out a lot. Second, I'm offering a bunch of special offers that will not be available once the game is released.

BURNING EMPIRES PREORDERS:
June 1st to June 23rd. Preorders ship in August. Check this link for the link to the shopping cart.

BURNING EMPIRES is a complete roleplaying game in a single book.
The book itself is hardcover, 656-pages, full color interior, digest-sized (5.5"x 8.5").
The book contains 400 pieces of artwork -- approximately 200 color and 200 sketches/illustrations. The color pieces are from Chris Moeller's various comics. The sketches and illustrations are either from his sketch books, from out-of-print comics or done specifically for the game. Yup, that's hundreds of pieces of never-before-seen artwork.

Basic Preorder, $40:
BURNING EMPIRES  book and  pdf
»  All preordered books are signed and numbered by the author

Illustrated Book, $80:
BURNING EMPIRES  book with illustration and  pdf
»  The illustrated books have a character sketch drawn by Chris Moeller on the inside front cover. There are only 40 of these available. They will be  numbers 1-40 of the preorders. One per customer!

Limited Edition T-Shirt, $25:
»  These t-shirts will only be available to preorder customers.
»  Full color wheel on the front, quote on the back. All sizes available.

Signed Print, $20:
»  9" x 14" Prints of the full cover wrap signed by Chris Moeller.

Quote from: the blurbBURNING EMPIRES:
An epic science fiction roleplaying game based on Christopher Moeller's critically acclaimed Iron Empires graphic novels, designed by award-winning game designer and author of the Burning Wheel, Luke Crane.
BURNING EMPIRES uses the Burning Wheel system as its core and expands it to encompass the sweep of stories that decide the fate of worlds! In this game you will find mechanics for ingenious technology, subtle infiltration, fiery revolution, strategic warfare, searing debate and blazing firefights.

The player characters are the protagonists in a story that will decide their own fate, the fate of their loved ones and friends, and the fate of their very world. It is a trial of conviction and belief. To save all that you hold dear in BURNING EMPIRES, you must pass through the fire. And you will be changed.

thanks,
I hope to see you all at cons this summer so we can play!
-Luke

Larry L.

Was it just a really really cool coincidence that the (pre-existing) logo looks a whole heck of a lot like the Burning Wheel logo, or have you and Moeller been conspiring for years at this?

Luke

Hm. I could spill with the whole story, but I think I'd rather just leave it as a mystery.

Eero Tuovinen

A question: can retailers preorder? That is, do you give retailer discounts at this point? If not, do you sell to retail later in the summer?
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

Luke

Retailers cannot preorder. It will be available for retail in late august.

-L

Andrew Cooper

Luke is my hero.  I want to be him when I grow up.

Wait...  I'm probably older than he is.  That's sad.

In all seriousness, I'm stoked about this game coming out.

Thunder_God

My wallet weeps.
So do I concerning I may only have money on July 1st..
Guy Shalev.

Cranium Rats Central, looking for playtesters for my various games.
CSI Games, my RPG Blog and Project. Last Updated on: January 29th 2010

Thunder_God

How will shipping be handled? All my small press/indie rpg orders bar none had at least one book damaged by shipping if not more, so I'd like to know how it'd be shipped.
Guy Shalev.

Luke

It'll be shipped by the US Postal Service. But, as you noted, all small press games must be passed through the gorilla cage at the Bronx Zoo before being allowed to leave the country. See the service we small press publishers give you? The personalized mashing of your merchandise by beautiful gorillas! You can't get that at Wizards of the Coast, I tell you!

-L

Luke

CROSS POSTED EVERYWHERE:
New preview up!

Hop over to the wiki and download the latest preview PDF, the Mukhadish Lifepaths! For all you BW vets, you can see how we tweaked the LPs and the layout to make it all more readable and easier to use. For everyone else, I hope it looks cool and intriguing!

http://www.burningempires.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

rock on!
-Luke

Luke

Luke

Just in case you were waiting until the last minute, Burning Empires preorders close this Friday, the 23rd. The PDF will be available this weekend.

-L

Thunder_God

Do those who buy the hardcover get a free PDF?
Guy Shalev.

Luke

Quote from: Thunder_God on June 19, 2006, 04:55:22 PM
Do those who buy the hardcover get a free PDF?

Burning Empires is a hardcover book, period. If you bought either the illustratred edition or the basic preorder, you'll receive a code to download the pdf on friday night.

-L