News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Resolving: I don't get it

Started by tetsujin28, June 10, 2006, 08:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Cooper

Eric,

Actually, you're plan wouldn't be too difficult to pull off if you were the last player before the page ended.  Then there's no one  left to oppose you without spending Story Tokens.

Eric Sedlacek

Quote from: Andrew Cooper on June 15, 2006, 02:50:13 PM
Eric,

Actually, you're plan wouldn't be too difficult to pull off if you were the last player before the page ended.  Then there's no one  left to oppose you without spending Story Tokens.

IF your die rolls don't suck, IF you have multiple characters to roll up, split and roll up again, IF the other players don't react you down just to be spiteful, then yeah, you can score.

Seriously, I've done this.  You get one or two middling inspirations unless you get really lucky.  On the other hand, I once got three level 6 inspirations from a conflict people cared about.  I think Tony got four level 6 insps on another occasion.  High interest conflicts are the most lucrative way to get insps.

Now, you can also convert story tokens to insps by taking extra actions.  This is a perfectly valid way to shuffle your resources and give you a bit more juice to get the job done.

TonyLB

Quote from: Eric Sedlacek on June 15, 2006, 03:08:46 PM
I think Tony got four level 6 insps on another occasion.

Five of them, actually.  But then, it was saving the universe.  Not that such a conflict has any inherent advantage over "Hug a puppy," but it does tend to secure more fervent feeling.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum