News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Crappety crap crap.

Started by Johan Granberg, May 24, 2006, 12:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan Granberg

I ordered Polaris (along with some other stuff, but Polaris was the real reason i placed the order) from IPR a couple of weeks ago and have been itching to get my hands on it ever since. Hardly getting any sleep because of my extreme state of anticipation (okay, that's kind of not true...)

And when i finally get home from work today, I find the package shining brightly and seeming to almost shiver at my gentle touch. As i tear it open, foaming at the mouth and rambling incoherently, I am met with what is probably the single biggest disappointment all year (perhaps my entire life)... Polaris - BACKORDERED!

I awoke several hours later, disoriented and aching all over, and ran straight to the computer to post this.

So my question is, does this mean that the current printing is completely sold out and I just have to wait until you decide to make a new one? If so, are there any plans on when/how that will happen, currently?

In closing, my head hurts.

/Sleepless in Sweden

Ben Lehman

Hey, Johan.

Thanks for your ... uh ... enthusiasm?

Polaris is presently sold out.  I am changing printers, and right now going through a few proof cycles to try to get the book looking as good as I can.  It should be another couple of weeks until it is back in stock, at least.

If you're absolutely desperate for a copy, you might try contacting Arkkikivi out of Helsinki (PM Eero Tuovinen at the Forge) or Leisure Games in England.

yrs--
--Ben

Eero Tuovinen

Not trying to steal anybody's sales, of course, just confirming what Ben said: if you want a copy of Polaris, we still have a couple in stock, and it's no more trouble to mail one to Sweden than Finland.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

Johan Granberg

I guess... I am sort of desperate, and it wouldn't hurt to have two copies anyway. Obviously, I can't order through your site since I don't know more than a couple of cursewords in Finnish. Um, maybe we should continue in PM?