News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Revised Edition?

Started by Karasu, August 18, 2006, 05:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karasu

Please excuse me if this has been answered elsewhere but, what are some of the key differences or clarifcations that would behoove an owner of of the first edition to pick up Revised?
(Imagined Spaces) ...and other playgrounds for the mind.

Valamir

Very little of the actual rules have changed.  I think the only actual alteration to rules is in the way ties in Complications are handled.

However, how the rules are presented has changed a great deal.  I tried to take the experience of several years of demoing and teaching people how to play in person and put as much of that into the text as possible.  There is a whole new first chapter that outlines what play looks like.  The chapter on Complications has been entirely rewritten with a completely new presentation.  The new text is much more explicit and reflects the steps I take to resolve Complication in play.  The old chapter I found was much more vague and left too much undefined.

There's also alot of side bars that include various rules variants, design notes, and play tips; many of which were gleaned from fan contributions.

Oh, and the glossary in the back now has page numbers as well making it a glossary and an index.

So, if you found it hard to envision how to play from the text of the first edition; the revised text was written for you.  Or if you just want a brand new spanky book, with a brand new spanky cover so you can give your old book to a friend...that works too.

Karasu

Thanks for the quick reply. Based on your description I think I will go for the brand new spanky book, and gift the first edition to a buddy of mine.

Vasco - Still mad at the mailman for putting a big crease in his 1st ed. while trying to stuff it in the mailbox. >:(
(Imagined Spaces) ...and other playgrounds for the mind.