News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Origins Awards - Vote Indie!

Started by btrc, May 27, 2006, 05:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btrc

[Cross-posted to Endeavor]
Which is to say, vote for me, since I think I'm the only indie designer on the list this year...;) And, there are of course other deserving titles that need your professional expertise to judge and vote on...

Anyways, the instructions and Origins ballot are below. I figure if I can't due a little shameless shilling for Infinite Armies on this site, where can I do it? Infinite Armies is in the "Vanguard Award for Unique Game Products" category (at the very bottom of the ballot).

If you're not sure if you're a voting member of the Academy, you're probably not, but you can download the membership form at:

http://aagad.originsgames.com/collateral/forms/aagad_app.pdf

If you haven't seen Infinite Armies, go to http://www.btrc.net/html/iarmies.html and snag the demo, and feel free to ask me any questions about it.

Thanks,
Greg Porter
BTRC games

******* OA,06 VOTING INSTRUCTIONS *******

#1.  Go to http://aagad.originsgames.com/aagad/nominees32 

#2 Determine ~YOUR~ selections from game support and each of ~YOUR~ declared colleges (up to
three) from the nominees listed.  Rank Nominees for each award under your college, rank them from
1 (least deserving) to 5 (most deserving).

#3.  Enter the information into the OA,06 Ballot Form below IN THE SAME AWARD AND COLLEGE ORDER AS
THE WEBSITE and email BALLOT to aagadvote@yahoo.com  NO LATER THAN midnight June 6th 2006.   (one
ballot per member per email address)

IMPORTANT NOTE:  BALLOT EMAIL SUBJECT LINE MUST READ:

32nd OA BALLOT [NAME, FIRST & LAST]

**  include ,,PENDING MEMBER‰ if you have just joined or rejoined the academy.  (If you enter a
vote and are not a listed member the vote may be deleted when we screen for members.  So please
enter PENDING MEMBER so it can filed separately and counted when AAGAD eligibility is confirmed.
We,ll have a fast turn around on that.)

ORIGINS AWARDS STANDARDS Section IV: Determining the Award Winners
Academy Voting:  The award winners for each college are determined by the Academy members who
declared their expertise in that specific college on their membership applications. The Academy
experts score their college nominees from 1 (least deserving) to 5 (most deserving). All scores
from all members are totaled, and the nominees are given a final ranking order. The products with
the highest vote totals for each award win the designated Origins Award.

[On your email Ballot: Delete everything above this line and delete all text in brackets]

//////////// 32nd ORIGINS AWARDS BALLOT /////////////////////

AAGAD MEMBER NAME:   

* GAME SUPPORT CATEGORY [all]:
Award: Nonfiction Publication of the Year
5.  [most]
1. [least]

Award: Game Accessory of the Year
5.  [most]
1. [least]

* PRIMARY COLLEGE: [name]
Award: 
5. [most]
1. [least]
[Repeat for Colleges with multiple Awards]

** SECOND COLLEGE [name]
Award: 
5. [most]
1. [least]

THIRD COLLEGE
Award:
5. [most]
1. [least]

College of Exceptional Gaming
AWARD: Vanguard Award for Innovative Game Products
5. (most]
1 [least]

AWARD: Vanguard Award for Unique Game Products
5. (most]
1 [least]

//////////////END OF 2006 ORIGINS AWARDS BALLOT/////////////////////

btrc

I was monkeying with the BTRC page and busted the demo links for Infinite Armies. I'm in the process of fixing those, so should be fixed within the hour if you were trying to download a file and couldn't.

Greg

btrc

For those interested in renewing/applying for the Academy of Adventurer Gaming Arts & Design (how's AAGAD for an acronym), you can download a pdf version of the application at:

http://aagad.originsgames.com/aagad/join-the-academy

>And as far as membership fees and returning the form go, I was told:
>Old fashioned checks work just fine. If you would like to pay with PayPal,
>please send your payment to accounting@gama.org and note that it is for
>supporting Academy Membership and if you will need an Origins badge
>processed from it.

>The PDF form can be emailed back in to Ops@gama.org or mailed into the GAMA
>offices.

Note that the $30 fee isn't just for voting priviledges for the Origins Awards. You also get an Origins attendance badge out of it.

Greg Porter

Ron Edwards

Hi there,

I'm all in favor of voting for Infinite Armies because I think it's a great game, and celebrating its nomination in this forum is also cool.

But I think that's enough basic information for this thread. Any discussion is welcome, though.

btrc

Michael Miller just gave me a call from the Origins main hall to let me know I won one of the Vanguard Awards for Infinite Armies. Of course, four of the five nominees in my category also won, which dilutes things a little, but hey, if they/me all got enough votes to be deemed worthy, I gots no problem with that. Yippie!

Greg

Luke

Congrats, Greg! Much deserved!

-Luke