News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Quick & easy

Started by Ron Edwards, April 24, 2001, 12:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Elfs isn't "upcoming" any more, so when it's possible, let's remove that from its description in the text of the main forum.

Thanks,
Ron

Jason L Blair

And Little Fears is the role-playing game of childhood terror not horror.

:wink:

Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Jared A. Sorensen

And since EZboard has annoying pop-up ads and is down 50% of the time, could I get an MMT message board?
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Clinton R. Nixon

All done. I'm the speedy little admin these days.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Paul Czege

Hey Clinton,

How about changing the date format in the forum list from YYYY-MM-DD to MM-DD-YYYY  or MM-DD-YY, and the timestamp from military time to a.m./p.m.

Do posts to older threads cause them to sort to the top, the way it does on GO?

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Clinton R. Nixon

How about changing the date format in the forum list from YYYY-MM-DD to MM-DD-YYYY  or MM-DD-YY, and the timestamp from military time to a.m./p.m.

That'll require some re-coding, but I can do it. Give it a few days, though.

Do posts to older threads cause them to sort to the top, the way it does on GO?

Yup.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Paul Czege

Well...if you're recoding...maybe all posts with today's datestamp would have the date appear in a different color? Bad idea?
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Clinton R. Nixon

That's a brilliant idea. Right on it. :smile:
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Clinton R. Nixon

Re: Changing timestamp from YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM.

After checking out the code and database, the time is actually stored in the database as YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM, not in some arbitrary format converted to that format. Because of that, I'd have to run a script on the entire DB and change code all over the place.

I just might do that, but it'll be some time from now.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Paul Czege

Hey Clinton,

Did this also delay the idea of the current day's timestamps appearing in a different color?

Paul

Clinton R. Nixon

On 2001-04-30 13:13, Paul Czege wrote:
Hey Clinton,

Did this also delay the idea of the current day's timestamps appearing in a different color?

That actually shouldn't be that hard. I'll take care of it later this week (as soon as I get this Sorcerer cover out.)
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Paul Czege

I find the yellow burning folder pretty annoying. It basically duplicates the information in the number of replies column. When the thread has more than 15 posts, the burning folder just sits there burning in the corner of my eye like some Proud Mary wanna be. Proud Mary keep on burnin'. I can understand the burning red folder. It alerts you to a thread that's been very active since your last visit. But I think both the burning yellow and burning red folders should go away, becoming ordinary yellow folders, when the thread is viewed. I don't think people need two pieces of visual information to tell them the thread has more than 15 posts at that point. Can I get a witness?

Paul

Clinton R. Nixon

Paul Czege has now had his problem rectified.

I say, goddamn. :smile:
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Paul Czege