News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Open New Project Design

Started by shays, June 23, 2006, 08:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shays

Here is what I think the game should have:
1. A catchy name.
2. A character creation system that is flexible and fun and not bound by classes.
3. A single, easy to remember, index card sized chart of game mechanics to handle all actions that need resolution, including combat.
4. A way to incorporate supernormal abilities (magic, psi, cyber, etc.) without unbalancing the game.
5. A fun way for a character to develop and earn and spend experience points.
6. Enough rules to form an easy template for game designers to use in creating their own world.
7. Open for suggestions . . .

My personal preference is for an easy system using percentlie dice and I have posted some of my previous ideas up at http://fudge.phoenyx.net/guide/bin/view/Projects/WorkingTitle
None of these idea's are mandatory but its something can bring to the table.  I was basing the project loosely off of fudge since I felt it had a lot good structure for an easy and fun system (even though it has it's flaws).  I figure why reinvent the wheel.  If anyone reading this has an old system that never made it far but they felt it had some good mechanics this may be a second chance (or in my case a first chance, that is if any of my stuff is used.)

Also I realize that many gamers like very different styles of play.  I won't pretend to be savvy enough to understand SRS and everything but I've read through it a few times and think the narrative method is cool.  Just so you know where I am coming from my ideal game system is up for debate but I believe is a cross between the original marvel superheroes and the original Warhammer Fantasy.  That is rules moderate and more focused on fun rather than simulation.

Of course this is an open project which means the system and mechanics will be free when completed.
Any IP created with this project that includes storylines, concept characters, etc. retain the rights with those who created them only the system mechanics will be free for distribution.

shays

By the way if you read through this and say to yourself, "hey we're already doing that.  Why doesn't he just come work on our project?"  Please send me an invite.