News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Should I Make This as an Announcement?

Started by Le Joueur, April 28, 2002, 01:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Joueur

I've put up a number of new things down in the Scattershot forum that I would like help 'working through.'  All are invited to participate in the development of our game.  I appreciate any attentions.

Fang Langford

(It should be obvious that I'm uncomfortable posting nothing but a link.)
Fang Langford is the creator of Scattershot presents: Universe 6 - The World of the Modern Fantastic.  Please stop by and help!

Ron Edwards

Fang,

I guess this is my job, unfortunately.

#1: Everyone, Scattershot is pretty cool and represents some ambitious notions in game design. If you're interested, do check out the threads Fang has referred to.

#2: Fang, you have been awfully free in referencing Scattershot stuff when you are discussing someone else's game, often to the point of a post being one sentence of, "How interesting, when you say ..." and a solid 1000 words of, "But in Scattershot, we ..." Calling yourself uncomfortable in horn-tooting is, well, coy. If you are uncomfortable with it, then you should not be doing it - don't do it and then say, "Oh, but I'm so uncomfortable doing this."

I'd appreciate it if people wouldn't put me in the position of Rock and Hard Place - if I don't support Fang's call for comments, I'm being anti-Scattershot or anti-him or something; if I don't call him on this constant "Scattershot creep" in his posts, then, I'm favoring him over others (e.g. I hit Mike H pretty hard about this re: Universalis recently).

My usual response to the Rock and Hard Place thing is to pulverize both of them. So - reference #1 and #2 above, carefully. I mean them both.

Best,
Ron