News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Monster Rules] An Outside Playtest

Started by Bill Masek, May 30, 2006, 11:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Masek

Matt,

Since you are posting She Who Is Heaven and Bliss on your website, I thought that you might want her stats based on the current incarnation of the rules.

She Who is Heaven and Bliss

Champion
Cost:  750 Points

Base:  d4
Action:  4
Life:  14 (70)
Size:  2
Move:  1 (24 w/ DT) (1)
Spirit:  Good

Eternal
(75)

24 Allure (2d10+d4+4) Target Dimensional:   Short Range, Enslave, Mass x16, Point Blank, Cosmic, Enhanced+4
((32 + 10 + 80 + 10 + 80 + 40)/2 = 126)

16 Cosmic Energy (d10+d6+4) Target, Dimensional:  Short Range, Enhanced +4, Point Blank, Mass x4
((32+40+10+20)/2= 51)

24 Dimensional Travel (2d10+1d4+4) Self, Dimensional: Blink, Enhanced +4, Cosmic
(32+10+40+80=162)

Blind Fighting
(15)

(500)

The numbers in parenthes are costs.  Tell me when her art is done, I'd love to see it.  :)

Best,
        Bill
Try Sin, its more fun then a barrel of gremlins!
Or A Dragon's Tail a novel of wizards demons and a baby dragon.

mratomek

Its up on the site. But it is a random seed so you might have to refresh the home page once or twice.

I took some liberties with the design--hope you don't mind. I will update the stats as soon as I can.
MrAtomek

Once upon a time ... the Earth needed to be saved ... on a regular basis.

Super Force Seven
Tactical RPG / Miniatures Wargame

www.superforceseven.com

Bill Masek

Matt,

I checked out your website, very nice.  She has a very late 60s early 70s marvel comics cosmic entity feel.

I have been thinking about the facing rules recently.  They add a fair amount of complexity to the game, but they don't see what they add that much in the way of game play value.  The suprise element is probably best represented by individuals who use powers to hide and cloak themselves.  It gives a major disincentive to wade into your opponents forces which will make the games less epic.  Now, most of the time I believe that it will simply be overcome by giving all characters the Blind Fighting ability.  However, if all characters have that ability, then the invisibility rules, which I kind of like, won't do anything.

Best,
        Bill

mratomek

I was thinking of making Suprise more of an active action then a passive one. So maybe Ambush--along with all the other powers and abilities--allows someone to gain suprise. And Manuevering would also. Then you don't have to worry which way anyone is facing.

Blind Fighting, needs to cost more--a lot more. Maybe in the 50 point range.

MrAtomek
MrAtomek

Super Force Seven

www.superforceseven.com

Bill Masek

Matt,

QuoteI was thinking of making Suprise more of an active action then a passive one. So maybe Ambush--along with all the other powers and abilities--allows someone to gain suprise. And Manuevering would also. Then you don't have to worry which way anyone is facing.

I like this idea.  It will focus on the good aspects while cutting out most of the complexity.

With Blind Fighting you could limit the scope.  Perhaps it does not work for powers like Manuevering or Ambush which activly give you suprise.  The only helps against opponents who attack while under the effects of stealth powers.  Then 25 points would be reasonable.  Perhaps you could have another ability for 25 points which negates Ambush.

This change will effectively make it so heightened senses and simmilar powers are effective against ambush and stealth powers, which I believe is what you want.

Best,
        Bill

mratomek

Hey Bill,

Went through and cleaned up the powers. I rolled a lot of powers up into a single listing--all the differnet energy and elemental powers that just did damage are now under Energy & Elemental.

I am working on cleaning up the edit and then I will roll it out. Probably reduced the total powers by 1/3--but I didn't use the generic Damage and Defense. It was just too generic.

MrAtomek
MrAtomek

Super Force Seven

www.superforceseven.com

Bill Masek

Matt,

Tell me when you post them.  I'll give you my feed back then.

Best,
        Bill