News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Pseudo-spontaneous Capes Fest at GenCon: an Update

Started by Hans, June 20, 2006, 09:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans

Hello all:

I know GenCon is still a ways away, but the pre-registration is going to be over soon, so I thought this would be a good time for an update.

First, if any of you signed up for my scheduled four hour session, please send me a private message.  Just curiosity.

Second, I wanted to give you a bit of an update on the Games on Demand (G.O.D.) session and possible Capes Fest.  I had suggested in an earlier thread that Friday evening, during the G.O.D. session I will be table custodian for, that any person who just wants to play Capes should come on down and enjoy.  I know that, at a minimum, there will be myself and two friends sitting there, so if even one of you shows up we have a solid Capes game going.  I have a few more details now, which I would like to share.

* The price is one generic ticket for two hours play.  I will have to collect these from anyone in the area, so make sure you bring two, since the session lasts 4 hours.

* Apparently the area is going to have seating for 16 people (we think two long 8 person on a side tables, but we don't know for sure).  However, it probably WON'T be in a segregated area, it will be in with other gaming tables.  I say this for truth in advertising, so no one has a mistaken picture of what the venue might be.

* As more truth in advertising, I cannot exclude people who want to play/run other games from the G.O.D. session, nor would I want to.  Its an open access area intended to support the Forge booth (although anyone who just comes up to play whatever can almost certainly be drawn into any festivities that may be ongoing).  Think of the G.O.D. Session as a convenient public place in which to hold a Capes Fest, and not as a hired private hall. 

* Andrew Cooper is running the G.O.D. session directly before mine.  He has stated that Capes is one of the games he can do as well.  Therefore, for anyone who just wants a LOT of Capes, conceivably you could get 8 hours of Capes goodness in.  Twelve if you signed up for my session in the morning.  That is a lot of freaking Capes.

That is all.  If any more details become available, I will let you know.  I am looking forward to meeting some of you face to face.

Hans
* Want to know what your fair share of paying to feed the hungry is? http://www3.sympatico.ca/hans_messersmith/World_Hunger_Fair_Share_Number.htm
* Want to know what games I like? http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/skalchemist

TonyLB

If my booth duties permit (which I suspect they will) then I'll definitely be all over this slot like groaningly overstrained spandex on a super-powered Amazon.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Andrew Cooper

Yes.  Capes is good.  Capes is your friend.  Capes will make you cool and help you pick up hot chicks (or hot studs, if you are inclined).

In any event, I will certainly be running Capes during my session if at all possible.  I think it would be really cool to start a story during the first session with Hans, continue it through my session, and then finish it in Hans second session.  It'd be neat to see where the plot would go given all the players that would come in and out of the game at different times.

Hans

Quote from: Andrew Cooper on June 20, 2006, 09:30:39 AM
In any event, I will certainly be running Capes during my session if at all possible.  I think it would be really cool to start a story during the first session with Hans, continue it through my session, and then finish it in Hans second session.  It'd be neat to see where the plot would go given all the players that would come in and out of the game at different times.

I agree this would be cool, if people are into it.  I am going to be starting off with a late '60's, early '70's vibe in my own session with the first scene I will declare (I did call it Psychadelic Capes, after all), with premade characters named things like Speedball, Black Justice, The Man, The Guru, Groovy Tuesday, Purple Haze, etc. that new players can choose from if they wish and my own personal favorite non-player character, Psychadelic Rock Festival.   Of course, it is Capes, so where it goes after that I have little control over.  If people want to keep that going while I am off doing other stuff (namely, the Shab al-Hiri Roach or Burning Empire, if memory serves), more power to them.
* Want to know what your fair share of paying to feed the hungry is? http://www3.sympatico.ca/hans_messersmith/World_Hunger_Fair_Share_Number.htm
* Want to know what games I like? http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/skalchemist

Andrew Cooper

The great thing about Capes for GoD is that once I've sat and played a few pages with a group, it is pretty much self-sustaining after that.  Between Scenes I could get up and run another game for other people that might have shown up in the interim without having to halt the Capes game.  Yay for GM-less play!