News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Secret of Shattering Vs Troops

Started by RPL, June 19, 2006, 12:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RPL

It was mentioned that Troops could be used as weapons in a conflict, i think this is a very groovy ideia, however there is no mention in the Secret Of Shattering to what kind of weapon it is supposed to work against, i think it can be used against any sort of weapon, be it THE MIGHTY ANVIL OF PUREST DARKEST OF EVIL POWAH or and argument about coca-cola being better than pepsi-cola, for instance:

Against troops
A commander using his army (weapon) to imobilize the other commander army (weapon bonus), this could be translated in some sort of flanking or other sort of special military manouver that would stop the other army on its tracks.
In a more heroic fashion, man against army, it could still work like some sort of manouver that would allow the character put himself in such a position that the army couldn't take advantage of its numbers, for example moving around the army and putting the commander between him and his man.

IMAGinES

Hi, RedPiss,

The text reads, "Anything can be a weapon - but only in certain situations" and goes on to list a sword, a royal crest and a lute as being potential weapons. The key word, though, is anything - in context, an object external to the character - so an argument won't cut it (also, an argument tends to be the action that drives a conflict roll, rather than the justification for a bonus to the roll).

But I don't see why "The 57th Footsloggers", "Richard's Lightning Cavalry" or "our hastily-erected fortifications" wouldn't count as weapons and armour, giving bonuses to their commanders in massed battle, as you suggest. From that perspective your suggestions of defining use of the Secret of Shattering as brilliant massed manoeuvres and the like seem very sensible!
Always Plenty of Time!