News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Gen Con Booth Newbie Visualization

Started by Judd, August 03, 2006, 02:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judd

I am trying to picture this weekend a little bit.  Allow me to visual here and let me know where I am off.

I will arrive at the convention center on Wednesday morning, a day earlier than previous years because we'll be setting up the booth.  Hand-cuffed to my wrist will be 50 copies of the Dictionary of Mu.  I will get out of my limo at the convention center and my bodyguards will keep the screaming fans away.

I will go up to the desk and ask for my badge, saying that I am with the Adept Press booth.  The guy at the desk will ask me if I am THE Paka.  I will inform him that yes, I am indeed.  After signing autographs I will head to the dealer's room with my Forge badge.

We will meet in the Dealer's room and set up shop, go over demo's and procedures and all that jazz.

What time will we meet at the dealer's room on Wednesday?

Other than fantasizing hubris, is the rest of how this is going to go down about right?

Luke

Judd: 1. Me: 0.

The booth set up on Wednesday is typically rather chaotic and without schedule. Get in, stop by the hall and get your badge and come to the booth and drop off your stock.

Plan on a 5ish booth meeting at which I will be giving everyone the rundown and at which Ron will do his spiel as well. After that, we eat and then we party at the DJ awards. Or you do. I'm going to run a Burning Empires game for Chris Moeller!

Thursday morning, you report for duty at 9 am and we go over booth procedures and demo tips again. And then we are off and running.
-Luke

Robert Bohl

I'm sure you have a surfeit of offers, but if anyone needs help with anything, let me know.  Right now I am registered for nothing.  If this kind of post isn't appropriate on this thread, then please delete it.
Game:
Misspent Youth: Ocean's 11 + Avatar: The Last Airbender + Snow Crash
Shows:
Oo! Let's Make a Game!: Joshua A.C. Newman and I make a transhumanist RPG

Justin D. Jacobson

Just a heads-up, Luke: I will be insinuating myself into this Chris Moeller BE game like a bad mother-in-law.
Facing off against Captain Ahab, Dr. Fu Manchu, and Prof. Moriarty? Sure!

Passages - Victorian era, literary-based high adventure!