News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Basic mechanics complete, play tested, needs feed back?

Started by abjourne, June 30, 2006, 12:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abjourne

Hey all,
I used to play D&D, but hated the simple mechanics, so I figeted with the rules. Then I read an article by Gygax that said,"If your unhappy with D&D, make your own game" so I did. It's a 12th century European influenced Fantasy RPG (I know Bla, Bla, Bla). But I have Some unique "Setting" ideas implemented & gameplay is unique & solid but,
I don't consider myself a very good writer or artist and looking at any modern products I'd have to say there seems to be way too much work for me to complete the task. I know this is very vague but I'd rather work off any feedback or questions before this "intro" turns into a book.
Thanx.

Jasper

Hi and welcome to the Forge.

There's actually a forum here set up specifically for talking about playtesting and what comes out of it (Playtesting in the General Forge Forums). I'd suggest that you read the stickies there, read some other threads to see how people do write-ups, and then talk about your playtest session(s) there. Reading the stickies in the other forums and generally perusing the site is probably a good idea too, if you haven't already.

I think this approach will probably be a lot more helpful than asking for someone to individually get in contact with you (presumably your intent, given that we're here in Connections). Especially since we don't know much of anything about your game yet, making a commitment to feedback problematic. (A greater show of honest enthusiasm for your own game -- without going over the top -- would help too, instead of "I know Bla, Bla, Bla".)
Jasper McChesney
Primeval Games Press