News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[DitV]First-time player looking for online game

Started by Jalathas, May 15, 2006, 06:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jalathas

I'm not positive this where I should post this, but I just got my book in the mail on friday, read it all over the weekend, and want to jump in right away. Only one problem - my friends aren't into it at all. They're more sci-fi and fantasy RPers than western. Basically, I'm looking for some play experience to start me off so I can run a good initiatory game to hook them. I'm willing to go with almost any type of game, so if anyone's running one, tell me. If this is the wrong place, feel free to move the topic or delete it if this kind of thing is completely unwanted.

Vaxalon

Your other option is to set the game in a fantasy or SF universe.

There are plenty of treatments, for example, of Jedi as Dogs.
"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker

Jalathas

Yeah, I was thinking of using the Firefly in the 'Verse rules I mentioned in the alternate settings thread, but I'd still like some real play experience before I try it. I've been a GM in a game I've never played before, and it didn't work out well.

xjermx

I hope I'm not commiting a faux pass by posting to this (old) thread.

I'm also interested in some DitV action online.  I've run a couple of Introductions and, um, some of a straight up Dogs session.  I spoke with Jalathas about starting something up, and I'd like to see if anyone else would be interested.  I'd love to play, but I'd be willing to GM, as long as the participants are willing to be patient and figure it out along with me.  I'm a working stuff, so I would be available for one or two shorts sessions a week if held during weekday evenings, or one longer session a week of held on saturday or sunday.

Please post or PM me if interested,  thanks!

baron samedi

If you're still looking for a 3rd player : I'd also be interested to try an online game, to learn more of the rules and spirit of the game before trying it with friends. I've just finished reading the DITV book and just love it, both the theme and concept. I'm looking for a classical western setting as written in the book to learn the game properly, as a player. I'm quite the collaborative type and I've got experience with online forum play and held a Transformers Mechamorphosis d20 RPG as GM for 6 months, with 5 players. :)

Because I'm a father of 2 babies who can rarely stay available for more than a few minutes at a time, I'd be more available to try a play-by-forum or email than a real-time chat session, but I can try to find a compromise if need be... :)

Thanks!

Erick N. Bouchard
Quebec, Canada