News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Compact RPG Challenge

Started by Madkitten, July 04, 2006, 09:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Collins

InSite

Gain a power from reading the internet that will let you escape the stress and tedium of your pathetic workday. Impose your will on co-workers. Cut through the red tape of middle management by making the world forget they were ever born. Go mad as the threads of existence snap at the clumsy touch of your fingers.

Whoever took that last doughnut will be very, very sorry.
My homeworld was incinerated by orbital bombardment and all I got was this lousy parasite.

Russell Collins
Composer, sound designer, gamer, dumpling enthusiast.

Kesher

Here's my entry; my very first ever finished original rpg.  woot!

ASSEMBLER

Thanks for this contest; for whatever reason, it finally got me off my lazy, lazy arse.

Oh yeah: I'm pretty sure this is the first rpg ever to be written in pseudocode...

Aaron

Thunder_God

I take it you didn't get to see "Hybrid", the writing also induces in the reader "Technological Horror", though it's really not compact :)
Guy Shalev.

Cranium Rats Central, looking for playtesters for my various games.
CSI Games, my RPG Blog and Project. Last Updated on: January 29th 2010

Madkitten

Good to hear from Ya all, however, sad tidings.
The current address seem to be down (server malfuncion or so I am told), however if they are not up until monday, Il put out another adress.
Tony Meijer

iago

Quote from: Madkitten on August 16, 2006, 03:30:12 PM
Good to hear from Ya all, however, sad tidings.
The current address seem to be down (server malfuncion or so I am told), however if they are not up until monday, Il put out another adress.

I'm missing something here. Address for what?

Filip Luszczyk

Fred:

QuoteGames submitted will be put into a short compendium by myself, and should therefor be submitted in a pdf format with the knowledge and consent that it will be published. The submissions should be sent to me, my email will be published close to the submission deadline.

QuoteNow, the submission time for this, since I have been such a dork, will be postponed for two weeks (the time I where abscent, seems only logical), and to the following address: CompactRPG@sverige.nu

Tony:

I have a feeling that people missed some things that are spread are over this thread. I think it would be good to sum up everything in one place. I mean, final rules of the challenge, voting rules and guidelines, current deadline and entry procedure. Possibly in a new thread, linked from here, to avoid confusion.

iago

Quote from: Filip Luszczyk on August 17, 2006, 12:21:59 PM
Fred:

QuoteGames submitted will be put into a short compendium by myself, and should therefor be submitted in a pdf format with the knowledge and consent that it will be published. The submissions should be sent to me, my email will be published close to the submission deadline.

QuoteNow, the submission time for this, since I have been such a dork, will be postponed for two weeks (the time I where abscent, seems only logical), and to the following address: CompactRPG@sverige.nu

Crap. Well, I missed that part, and only ever posted my submission as a link in this thread.  But that address is down, right?  So I'll wait for someone to tell me where to send the link. :)

Colin Fredericks

Quote from: Thunder_God on August 15, 2006, 01:18:19 PM
I take it you didn't get to see "Hybrid", the writing also induces in the reader "Technological Horror", though it's really not compact :)

Hybrid? (Goes to Google. Reads. Goes insane. Comes back.)

Good lord! I can guess what RPG Challenge was that for - "Create a game that causes SAN loss! Bonus points for the one that most strongly resembles Timecube!" I can see why you didn't post a link. Man, I need to go spend some time as a bum now.

--Colin