Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 12, 2022, 01:00:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 76 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Alliances  (Read 6849 times)
TonyLB

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 05:23:31 AM »

If your future strategy relies upon people trusting that you will do what they thought you would do then you probably better not undermine that.

If your future strategy relies upon people being utterly terrified to let you have control of a conflict because there's no knowing what you might narrate then maintaining a reputation for scary randomness can be all to the good.

I generally go somewhere in the middle ... getting across the idea that when I've said I'll do something I will, by God, do it but that when I haven't made any promises and I have that look in my eyes, all bets are off.

I totally don't buy any argument that there is some unspoken context to the games that makes some actions "dirty pool."  I do believe that I've got a section in the book specifically talking about "abusing the system" and how I heartily approve of it on all levels.

Stephan - Paper Cut (a magneto villain with the power over paper)

Mmmmm ... Paper Masters.  That would have set me off on a whole chain of associations in-game.

Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: