News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Urgent: Getting sorcerer books in Chigago before my travel back to my country

Started by Offray, July 22, 2006, 12:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Offray

Hi all,

Sorry for posting this twice (this is also in general topics). I need to get help as son as I can. I'm from Columbia (South America) and I'm here on Chicago until Monday night because of the SqueakFest2006 (an academical event). I will like to carry back with me to my country some sorcerer material. I have seen that the Adept Press and Ron have Chicago information related to their geographical situation and I'm wondering if I could get in touch with them or going to some retailer store to get the books (I'm interested in Sorcerer, basic book, and Sorcerer's Soul, but if any of you has a "must to have this" title recommendation I would like to hear them).

I also remember some recommendation from Ron about Comics and Sorcerer. Some kind of work from the same creator of Planetarium (Warren Ellis, if I'm not wrong). So now that I'm here, I would like to know were to get that stuff.

Please, any of the readers answer me as soon as you can, because would be nice to get that stuff in this weekend, before my travel to. My crew and I have a lot of interest in playing sorcerer and other independent games (I'm tired about WW and D&D stuff).

Cheers,

Offray

ZenDog

Sorry Offray can't help with the Chicago stuff but...

Quote...if any of you has a "must to have this" title recommendation I would like to hear them

If you like Sword & Sorcery literature, if you like dark amoral fantasy with horrific undertones (and a dash of mythos) then the Sorcerer & Sword supplement is a must buy.

Offray

ZenDog,

Thanks a lot for your quick answer (I would like to have and IRC chat channel for the forge right now! :-) ). I would follow your advice about sorcerer and Sword, if I can find Ron, Adept Press or somekind of retailer... I.m waiting... if any of you know how to get these stuff or see that boys, please let them know I'm looking for them.

Cheers and thanks again,

:)

jrs

Hi Offray,

Unfortunately, Ron (who is Adept Press) is currently out of town.  I'm not really familiar with Chicago game stores.  Games Plus does carry the Sorcerer books (I just called, they do have them in stock).  That store is in Mount Prospect.  If you have access to a car, there are directions at the website, http://www.games-plus.com/games-plus/storeinfo.htm.  It is also on one of the Metra suburban lines.

I'm not certain about the comic; it could be Fell.  It's carried at Graham Cracker Comics.  Their downtown location is at 77 East Madison St (corner of Madison and Michigan).

Good luck!
Julie

Offray

Hi jrs,

Thanks a lot for your help. Yesterday I went to Mount Prospect and I can get the book and it's three supplements. We have nothing like this store in our country. Was some kind of "la meca" travel. Thanks a lot :)

Cheers,

Offray