News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Sin Progression on DitV

Started by klaveshy, July 25, 2006, 07:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaveshy

Hehehe. I'm quoting myself, so I'll just make like it's new, but I really want this answered, so I could use some help, guys. ;)

"I'm trying to assemble a DitV game myself, and I'm curious as to how this works. When someone posts the plan for a town, at what point in the scheduled events do the Dogs come in (and thus, perhaps, derail said events for the sake of gaming creamy goodness)?"

This refers to the Pride results in Injustice, move on to Step 2; etc.... progression.

Some people, when this question was incorrectly added to a thread off-topic, posted that yes, all of the stuff you write down before-hand occurs before the Dogs get there (except the explicit  'if the dogs don't come section'). Others said that it would be cool to have some of it happen, and let the dogs sort of... head things off at the pass if they can. I guess from the latter point of view, the 'if the dogs don't come' part is like... serves the purpose of seperating 'so and so would get killed' as a possibility from 'a spiritual plague wipes out the entire town' catastrophic possibility.

Anyway, yeah. Thoughts? Is the progression all backstory?

-Paul

jburneko

Well, the progression is all backstory strictly acording to the rules.  However, I believe the point to the "What would happen if the Dogs didn't come?" section is to give the GM focus on how to have the NPCs pursue their agendas.  If that section legitemately (i.e. without railroading) comes to pass I suppose a sort of town sin escalation could occur mid game.  I've never had it happen though.

Jesse

Brand_Robins

I've had towns go from zero to HATE AND MURDER in less than 6 seconds after the Dogs got involved.

Well, not quite, but pretty close. Once things start getting pushed and yanked one way and the other, people get desperate and things happen. That often leads to sin escalation in my games.
- Brand Robins