News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Preorders for The Princes' Kingdom

Started by Clinton R. Nixon, July 20, 2006, 06:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinton R. Nixon

The Princes' Kingdom is off to press, and man, it looks good! Between that and a big reprint of The Shadow of Yesterday, whew, what a week!

You want to help out with that week? You want to rest assured you get a copy of this fine game? You want a PDF for free, which I won't be giving away after GenCon?

Ok. I'm selling preorders of the game and PDFs. The game's $20, or a PDF for $10. The PDF comes with the pre-order and you'll get it in the next day or two. You will not get the PDF for free with any order at or after GenCon.

(If you don't know the first thing about this game, check out the previews. I've got a summary up, and the cover and the first 15 pages. In addition, there's a pretty good Actual Play post from Dreamation. All the profits from this game are going to an excellent charity, and so preorders to help with the print run are greatly appreciated.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

greyorm

Clinton, what are the choices for those of us with no PayPal or no money in our PayPal accounts currently, if any?
(Because, man, I want this game.)
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: greyorm on July 20, 2006, 10:41:19 PM
Clinton, what are the choices for those of us with no PayPal or no money in our PayPal accounts currently, if any?
(Because, man, I want this game.)

Raven,

I believe you can pay via PayPal without a PayPal account - there's an option for "I do not currently have a PayPal account" where you can pay via credit card, I believe.

Otherwise, this will be available via IPR right after GenCon.

- Clinton
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Zabieru

How long are preorders lasting for?  And what's the binding like?

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Zabieru on July 21, 2006, 12:42:31 AM
How long are preorders lasting for?  And what's the binding like?

I'll take preorders through Aug. 4. The binding is softcover.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Zabieru

coffeestain

This is an awesome and powerful game.  In many ways, I think it hits me harder than even Dogs does because I can relate to it better.  The demeanor of the King, the fantastic adventures of the children, and the strong, fundamental moral quandaries really strike home.

Thanks for writing it.

Regards,
Daniel

joshua neff

As the father of a 9-year-old girl (who I frequently call by the endearment "Princess) who loves games and fantasy adventures, I also want to thank you for writing this game, Clinton. I'm started skimming the PDF and I love it. I'll will start playing this with my daughter as soon as we can. (She's gone for the summer but will be coming back...around the time of GenCon.)

She's already gotten her start with RPGs playing TSOY, so you're battin' pretty well, CRN.
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

Clinton R. Nixon

When I got your e-mail this morning, Josh, I remembered you've been playing TSOY with her, and I thought, "Holy crap, I'm the official RPG author of the Neff father-daughter bond." And even though that sounds funny, I meant it seriously, and it meant an incredible amount to me. I hope you and she both enjoy the game, Joshua.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

joshua neff

Quote from: Clinton R. Nixon on July 21, 2006, 02:18:02 PM
"Holy crap, I'm the official RPG author of the Neff father-daughter bond."

It is kind of funny how that's worked out, isn't it?

Anyway, when we get to playing TPK, I'll be sure to post about it.
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

oliof

What will you charge for overseas shipping? I pre-ordered on a hunch (a right one, according to the pdf, which is great despite some small things I think could be discussed only after I really read the game again), and normally don't without checking shipping rates to my area (Lulu and IPR charge me bleeding through the nose for being an old-worlder).