News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Sorcerer Question and Idea

Started by apeiron, July 20, 2006, 12:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apeiron

Reading Sorcerer gave me an idea i'd like to explore further and eventually share.  If i wrote up a variant on Sorcerer, what would be required to publish it?  i'm thinking it would be a PDF of a few pages that i'd have no intention to sell.  i want to make it for the sake of making it and giving it away.

The idea:

Sorcerers could just as easily be little kids and demons could be their imaginary friends and toys.  Change the imagery and terms here and there, and you have a fun game about make believe.  These friends have Needs and Wants.  Teddy the Bear Needs stuffing.  Action Jack Wants... action.  Gizmotron Needs batteries.  They also don't function in the presence of those who don't believe.  Instead of Humanity, track a spectrum of Maturity to Austic (or something else that means the kid is too deep into the game).  Kickers could be things like: the big kid just tore the arm off Teddy, Action Jack fell into a sidewalk grate, Sally is the new girl on the street.

Post saying "So and so did this already" in 3... 2... 1....*

*if someone has, i'd love to see it
If you live in the NoVA/DC area and would like help developing your games, or to help others do so, send me a PM.  i'm running a monthly gathering that needs developers and testers.

Andrew Cooper

While it isn't Sorcerer and it isn't the exact same thing, you might want to check out the game, Under the Bed.

apeiron

Thanks.  i'll try to find more info on that, all i could find was (positive) reviews.
If you live in the NoVA/DC area and would like help developing your games, or to help others do so, send me a PM.  i'm running a monthly gathering that needs developers and testers.

Ron Edwards

If you really want this to use the Sorcerer rules, then all you have to do is write it up, make it publicly available, and make sure it includes full reference information about Sorcerer.

Best, Ron

droog

QuotePost saying "So and so did this already" in 3... 2... 1....*

*if someone has, i'd love to see it

Here, dude:

http://random.average-bear.com/GrimmTherapy/HomePage
AKA Jeff Zahari

apeiron

Brilliant, thanks.  And since it is a wiki, i might be able to contribute to it, rather than write my own.